GULC ED PT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
androstan

GULC ED PT

Postby androstan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:42 pm

ITT 0L's that don't really have the numbers for t14 but are trying for it anyway.

I'm going complete as soon as my Dec. LSAT report makes its way over to GULC. Hopefully any day now.

Not a lot of data on this class of applicants. At least one person last year got in with a late app and similar numbers:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ART00

Since my GPA falls below 3.0 I think that might be the kiss of death, but we'll see. My UG was top 20 in chem engr and I got my chem master's from an ivy with a 3.64. Those things matter right? Right!?

DeeCee

Re: GULC ED PT

Postby DeeCee » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:43 pm

They are LSAT whores so maybe.

androstan

Postby androstan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:47 pm

DCLaw11 wrote:They are LSAT whores so maybe.

I've heard people say the exact opposite, i.e. I've heard people say that GULC is a "GPA whore" and "snobby" so they'll snub their nose at low GPAs.

Plus, I didn't break their 170 median, which I think is probably a big freakin' deal. On the other hand, they probably don't get many 170's applying to their PT program, and even fewer EDing to it.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 am

androstan wrote:
DCLaw11 wrote:They are LSAT whores so maybe.

I've heard people say the exact opposite, i.e. I've heard people say that GULC is a "GPA whore" and "snobby" so they'll snub their nose at low GPAs.

Plus, I didn't break their 170 median, which I think is probably a big freakin' deal. On the other hand, they probably don't get many 170's applying to their PT program, and even fewer EDing to it.

I really think with your LSAT though you stand a chance. I checked LSN and you are a consider with 33% being at your below your numbers. I applied to their full-time program, knowing that I wouldn't get in but I got a fee waiver so I applied anyway. In looking at LSN, my numbers are a consider too.....157/3.95/URM, maybe that's where I should have applied. Anywho, I think you have an OK shot, not spectacular but not an auto-ding. If your application is strong you could prob get in.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”