Part-time questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
alexb

Bronze

Part-time questions

Postby alexb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:50 am

Okay, this is probably really dumb (like all my questions), but I can't figure it out. How do I apply to part-time programs? Is there a separate application? Does it vary by school? What about Alabama's or George Mason (that's what I'm looking at in particular)? I'm confused :cry: sorry.

Thanks, for any help!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Part-time questions

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:56 am

alexb wrote:Okay, this is probably really dumb (like all my questions), but I can't figure it out. How do I apply to part-time programs? Is there a separate application? Does it vary by school? What about Alabama's or George Mason (that's what I'm looking at in particular)? I'm confused :cry: sorry.

Thanks, for any help!

If a school has a PT program, the application should have a checkbox where you pick full time, part time, LLM, JD/MBA, etc.

alexb

Bronze

Postby alexb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:59 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
alexb wrote:Okay, this is probably really dumb (like all my questions), but I can't figure it out. How do I apply to part-time programs? Is there a separate application? Does it vary by school? What about Alabama's or George Mason (that's what I'm looking at in particular)? I'm confused :cry: sorry.

Thanks, for any help!

If a school has a PT program, the application should have a checkbox where you pick full time, part time, LLM, JD/MBA, etc.

Hmm, okay! Thanks, I must have missed it. Or else George Mason and Alabama have done away with their part-time programs. Anybody know about that? Or some peer schools that do have part-time programs?

Found George Mason's. Wasn't at the top, like I expected! Thanks!

Still, any peer schools with PT programs I should consider?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:07 am

alexb wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Thanks, for any help!

Hmm, okay! Thanks, I must have missed it. Or else George Mason and Alabama have done away with their part-time programs. Anybody know about that? Or some peer schools that do have part-time programs?

I just checked George Mason's site and they still talk about the PT program, but I opened up the application and didn't see a checkbox either. (Or on the Alabama app.) You'd better email the admissions offices and ask.

alexb

Bronze

Postby alexb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
alexb wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Thanks, for any help!

I just checked George Mason's site and they still talk about the PT program, but I opened up the application and didn't see a checkbox either. (Or on the Alabama app.) You'd better email the admissions offices and ask.

I found it on George Mason's! Bottom of page 1! Now time to search for Alabama, I hope they still have it!

PS thanks for helping me out, man! I owe you one! PM me if you need some LS help!

alexb

Bronze

Postby alexb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:48 am

Still can't find anything about alabama. I bet they cut the program :(

androstan

Gold

Postby androstan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:06 am

alexb wrote:Still can't find anything about alabama. I bet they cut the program :(

American is more or less a peer school and has a solid PT program.

Fordham and GW have good PT programs but aren't quite peer with GMU/AU/Alabama.

GULC has the best PT program in the country.

alexb

Bronze

Postby alexb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 am

Thanks man! I still can't find AU part-time program on their app or website, but the TLS page says they have one. Maybe I should call.

androstan

Gold

Postby androstan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:55 am

alexb wrote:Thanks man! I still can't find AU part-time program on their app or website, but the TLS page says they have one. Maybe I should call.

I know they have one for a fact since I was admitted to it.

alexb

Bronze

Postby alexb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:14 pm

You're right! Kind of, it's not a traditional part-time program, however. I just emailed them. It is this: http://www.law.ua.edu/academics/academic-support/

:) Thanks for the help!

TDLR: Not a traditional part-time program. Not on the app. Must add to your PS or something.

androstan

Gold

Postby androstan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 pm

alexb wrote:You're right! Kind of, it's not a traditional part-time program, however. I just emailed them. It is this: http://www.law.ua.edu/academics/academic-support/

:) Thanks for the help!

TDLR: Not a traditional part-time program. Not on the app. Must add to your PS or something.

AU = American University

UA = University of Alabama

lawschool12345

Bronze

Postby lawschool12345 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:47 pm

If you attend a school part time rather then full time, do employers look down on you? do you have the same oppurtunities?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�