Possible consequences of a failure to disclose? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
perse2011

New

Re: Possible consequences of a failure to disclose?

Post by perse2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:"Some sort of school" & "experience" generate speculation. Was it a terrorist camp in Afghanistan ? Or a school experience in lieu of punishment for some type of infraction or offense ?
It was a normal school I attended overseas.....no punishment or other abnormal matters

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:50 pm

"Normal" schools in Afghanistan may be viewed differently here. Consider contacting an attorney that handles bar disciplinary matters before responding to the law school.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:"Normal" schools in Afghanistan may be viewed differently here.

LMAO

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

perse2011 wrote:
joebloe wrote:The NCBE's Bar Examiner publication runs a column called "Litigation Update" periodically that discusses bar applications that have gone on to be litigated, including a number that were denied because of C&F issues. You can see many of them on the NCBE's website, but it's not easy to navigate to it, so here's a search page that should get all of them: http://www.google.com/#q=site:ncbex.org ... fp=1&cad=b
Thanks for the article. It would be an issue even some information was omitted in the initial law school application but completed by an addendum?
I really can't answer that- I just don't know enough, even after reading those articles. Those are just the cases that had already made it through any internal appeals process, that were appealed to the cournts, that the courts heard, and that actually went to trial. There are probably more with unpublished decisions, and I'm sure the various state bars hand out many times that number of denials that go uncontested.

If you've gotten caught omitting something, even if it was unintentional, your interests might be best served by consulting with a lawyer who specializes in these matters.

emmbar53

Bronze

Post by emmbar53 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

perse2011 wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:"Some sort of school" & "experience" generate speculation. Was it a terrorist camp in Afghanistan ? Or a school experience in lieu of punishment for some type of infraction or offense ?
It was a normal school I attended overseas.....no punishment or other abnormal matters
If there were no punishments or other abnormal matters, then why did you not disclose the school?

(note: I am assuming you did this intentionally, or else you simply would have told us that you didn't do so intentionally)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

perse2011

New

Post by perse2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:53 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:"Normal" schools in Afghanistan may be viewed differently here. Consider contacting an attorney that handles bar disciplinary matters before responding to the law school.
Hahaha, no. I don't think they will ask for "further comment" if they think there is an angry Afghanistan people behind the application. Isn't that idea too brave for law school professors?

perse2011

New

Post by perse2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 pm

emmbar53 wrote:
perse2011 wrote:
If there were no punishments or other abnormal matters, then why did you not disclose the school?

(note: I am assuming you did this intentionally, or else you simply would have told us that you didn't do so intentionally)
Cause I thought it was an overseas kind and not a must kind to disclose.

emmbar53

Bronze

Post by emmbar53 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Then just explain to them it was a misunderstanding on your part, take complete blame, and see what happens.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:16 pm

I've been reading through all those litigation updates, there seems to be a definite trend in the law schools of the individuals in question...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

perse2011

New

Post by perse2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Forget the bar exam issue, if after adding information they are still not satisfied, what would be the worst consequence besides rejection?

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 pm

perse2011 wrote:Forget the bar exam issue, if after adding information they are still not satisfied, what would be the worst consequence besides rejection?
Probably just a fine.

perse2011

New

Post by perse2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 pm

JenDarby wrote:
perse2011 wrote:Forget the bar exam issue, if after adding information they are still not satisfied, what would be the worst consequence besides rejection?
Probably just a fine.
You mean fine by the law school? I don't know whether it is wise or not to withdraw at the point

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Probably just a fine.

You honestly believe the school will make him pay money?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
Probably just a fine.

Absolutely not. I was seeing if subtle (yet still pretty apparent) sarcasm would slip through unnoticed.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
Probably just a fine.

Absolutely not. I was seeing if subtle (yet still pretty apparent) sarcasm would slip through unnoticed.
I originally wrote LOL before my question, but I didn't want to be mean in case you were being serious.

perse2011

New

Post by perse2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:14 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
Probably just a fine.

I see. Actually I'm a girl & not les but I can't help saying that your avatar is sexy and pretty in a not subtle way.

Just wonder after the disclose addendum why can't they simply say we don't believe you and here is the rejection bye bye. Now I have difficulty in writing "further comment" about how stupid or evil I am

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:17 pm

perse2011 wrote: I see. Actually I'm a girl & not les but I can't help to say that your avatar is sexy and pretty in a not subtle way.

Just wonder after the disclose addendum why can't they simply say we don't believe you and here is the rejection bye bye. Now I have difficulty in writing "further comment" about how stupid or evil I am
In all honesty, you are going to be FINE in every way. If it really is just a simple "I didn't include this school because I didn't think I had to" mistake, and you weren't say suspended from the school, then it may not even result in a rejection.

Worse case scenario, you get rejected from the school. The end. Make sure you disclose going forward.

Because you supplemented the application with the additional information BEFORE being accepted, I highly doubt this is going to come back and haunt you when you take the bar either.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

icouldbuyu

Bronze

Post by icouldbuyu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:22 pm

You're prolly ok
Last edited by icouldbuyu on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

perse2011

New

Post by perse2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 pm

JenDarby wrote:
perse2011 wrote: I see. Actually I'm a girl & not les but I can't help to say that your avatar is sexy and pretty in a not subtle way.

In all honesty, you are going to be FINE in every way. If it really is just a simple "I didn't include this school because I didn't think I had to" mistake, and you weren't say suspended from the school, then it may not even result in a rejection.

Worse case scenario, you get rejected from the school. The end. Make sure you disclose going forward.

Because you supplemented the application with the additional information BEFORE being accepted, I highly doubt this is going to come back and haunt you when you take the bar either.
Make sense. I guess it was just their words "the committee consider it a serious matter"after the addendum that made me worry. Thx.

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:34 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:"Normal" schools in Afghanistan may be viewed differently here. Consider contacting an attorney that handles bar disciplinary matters before responding to the law school.

LOL

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:25 pm

I think it's amazing when people are overly cryptic with their problems and expect detailed advice into their personal situations. It might be in your best interests to either speak in terms which would allow the forum users to give you insight into your unique situation or send a PM to someone.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”