Mid-January Processing Time and Late Applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
crit_racer

Mid-January Processing Time and Late Applications

Postby crit_racer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi--

Wanted to see what everyone's experience was with wait times for transcript/LOR processing right now. Has anyone had a transcript or LOR sent in the past week or two? If so, how long did it take to process? I just had a transcript overnighted yesterday, hoping to get it processed late this week or early next week.

Additionally, how MUCH of a disadvantage is a late app? I'm somewhat of a splitter (3.4/169) and am applying to a lot of schools where I'm above the 75th percentile for LSAT (Hastings, L&C, Emory, WUSTL, Colorado, etc). Do I still have a decent shot at these schools this late in the cycle?

Thanks!

TyrodTaylor

Re: Mid-January Processing Time and Late Applications

Postby TyrodTaylor » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:31 pm

im in hte same boat, still writing my PS, and requested my transcripts a week ago, and only one of my letters has been sent. The other is yet to be written. Im also splitter with 3.13/167. wondering if this wait will kill me.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:33 pm

I've heard splitters have unpredictable cycles. I'm hoping some of these schools will see my app and be like "ah...we don't have enough high LSATs yet this cycle; let him in!"

Also, would it help at all to submit apps before my LSAC report is complete (missing transcript from non-degree granting institution)? Can I even do that?

I know these are very specific questions, but let me know if any of y'all have any insight here. Thanks

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Okay, I'll contribute some information to my own question:

I JUST refreshed LSAC to see they have now processed a LOR that was sent on Friday, Jan 7th via snail mail from Texas. It got there Monday at the very earliest and maybe yesterday I'm guessing. Just a heads up. Don't know if transcript will take longer to process.

mimi82

Postby mimi82 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:15 pm

They are actually pretty quick. I faxed a LOR last friday morning and that afternoon it was posted. My last transcript was mailed 12/30 and LSAC received it 1/5 and the report was done by that evening....I have been very impressed by them.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:07 pm

My transcript was sent from my UG 1/5 and it still hasn't been posted..

I'm guessing it was lost in the mail?

13 days and still no update or a receive from LSAC.

oliverdarcy

Postby oliverdarcy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:16 pm

I sent my transcript overnight on 1/4. No update from LSAC. My guess is that they are having an incredibly busy month. They released scores the first week of January, which undoubtedly backed them up. Further, I am going to venture and guess that a lot of people are updating their transcripts this month. It sucks, but be prepared for a long wait.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:25 pm

Overnighted a transcript last Tuesday, and my CAS report was complete w/ transcript on Friday morning.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:55 pm

every single LOR should be faxed at this point if it hasn't been sent yet

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Contacted LSAC today and they have no record of my transcript, despite my UG sending me a receipt for processing and mailing my transcript. Nothing like having your grades lost out there. Now I get to pay for an overnight fee and apply even later in the cycle.

oliverdarcy

Postby oliverdarcy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:28 pm

I am becoming increasingly worried as well. However, last time I sent my transcripts in (mid-November), LSAC took three weeks to process it and I never received any notification that it was received. I was simply notified after it was processed and my academic summary report was available online.

dinamika

Postby dinamika » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Agreed. One of my letters was faxed Friday morning and it was online an hour later.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”