At what point do you get nervous?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
melbelle105

At what point do you get nervous?

Postby melbelle105 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:32 am

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to post. I've been getting antsy about my applications and just wanted to see when everyone else started sweating a bit? I finished sending out my apps on December 17th so I was definitely late. I know every school is different and it hasn't been that long but I've only heard back from 1 out of 10 schools and I'm starting to get really antsy. At what point can you conclude that your chances have most likely plummeted off a cliff? And yes my patience has completely deserted me :roll:

ahduth

Re: At what point do you get nervous?

Postby ahduth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 am

I can't really say for sure, but it seems very possible I became nervous the second I was born. Or possibly before, I was ten days late, and had begun to lose oxygen to my brain by the time they finally decided to get more proactive about hauling me out of there. Dazed, cold, and a bright shade of purple, I went from being nervous about oxygen to nervous about the fact that someone had turned the lights on, and they were very, very bright.

Ever since then, the world I move through has been layered over with a patina of uncertainty. What if I get into the shower, and I've run out of conditioner? What if the clock I walk by on the way to the train is three minutes late for some reason, and I miss the train that gets me to work 12 minutes late, as I prefer? What if I buy a burrito and the carnitas are cold?

I've begun to realize that it's necessary at some point to just let it go. This morning I woke up to some bad news. That gallon of milk I bought last night? It was still sitting by the front door. You know what? I decided not to worry. I ate ice cream with my cereal instead.

Here's a song I've been listening to. I think it cheers me up because they're from New Zealand. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdO85Qf4Poc

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 am

ahduth wrote:I can't really say for sure, but it seems very possible I became nervous the second I was born. Or possibly before, I was ten days late, and had begun to lose oxygen to my brain by the time they finally decided to get more proactive about hauling me out of there. Dazed, cold, and a bright shade of purple, I went from being nervous about oxygen to nervous about the fact that someone had turned the lights on, and they were very, very bright.

Ever since then, the world I move through has been layered over with a patina of uncertainty. What if I get into the shower, and I've run out of conditioner? What if the clock I walk by on the way to the train is three minutes late for some reason, and I miss the train that gets me to work 12 minutes late, as I prefer? What if I buy a burrito and the carnitas are cold?

I've begun to realize that it's necessary at some point to just let it go. This morning I woke up to some bad news. That gallon of milk I bought last night? It was still sitting by the front door. You know what? I decided not to worry. I ate ice cream with my cereal instead.

Here's a song I've been listening to. I think it cheers me up because they're from New Zealand. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdO85Qf4Poc

beautiful, thankyou

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:45 am

If you applied Dec 17th at most schools your application probably recently went complete. With the Xmas holiday as well as new years the offices havent exactly been operating full time the past month.

I applied a few days before you and havent heard a thing.

melbelle105

Postby melbelle105 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Yah that's what I figured. It's just always nice to commiserate with someone. :)

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:24 pm

I have 17 apps out, most sent either mid december or in the past week. I just want one to make a decision. One.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 pm

melbelle105 wrote:Hey everyone, I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to post. I've been getting antsy about my applications and just wanted to see when everyone else started sweating a bit? I finished sending out my apps on December 17th so I was definitely late. I know every school is different and it hasn't been that long but I've only heard back from 1 out of 10 schools and I'm starting to get really antsy. At what point can you conclude that your chances have most likely plummeted off a cliff? And yes my patience has completely deserted me :roll:

Um... I'd say two-three months after you apply.

Be patient. December is the busy season and they have a lot of people to reject.

melbelle105

Postby melbelle105 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I have 17 apps out, most sent either mid december or in the past week. I just want one to make a decision. One.

Ok you definitely have me beat, that sucks.

melbelle105

Postby melbelle105 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:58 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:Um... I'd say two-three months after you apply.

Be patient. December is the busy season and they have a lot of people to reject.

I just wanna be special and awesome and get em all back right now ... along with everyone else and their mother I know lol

But seriously 3 months is a long time. My little head might implode, but I'll do my best to chill out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”