So after I've submitted all my apps, how do I know results? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsatextreme

Silver

So after I've submitted all my apps, how do I know results?

Post by lsatextreme » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:32 am

I know I got app status checkers for most schools, but do I basically have to check as often as I can to see if they'll post the results online? And are all school results posted online, or how does that work?

TIA

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: So after I've submitted all my apps, how do I know results?

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:36 am

A lot of schools email you when something changes. Check each school's thread to see those that don't.

I don't check my status checkers until the thread on TLS notes there's activity.

calilaw

Bronze

Post by calilaw » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:43 am

Status checkers are primarily meant to prevent prospective students from calling/emailing/otherwise annoying the admissions offices with questions about their application status. Their usefulness is questionable at most schools.

I've been accepted to about half of the schools I've applied to this cycle, so far. I found out by phone call (1), email (6), snail mail (1). Several schools didn't even change the status checker before I found out.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 am

lsatextreme wrote:I know I got app status checkers for most schools, but do I basically have to check as often as I can to see if they'll post the results online? And are all school results posted online, or how does that work?

TIA
Most common way is probably by email, but you may also get a phone call or see it on your status checker first. The checkers usually just say something like "Decision Rendered" and then you have to wait for an email or an acceptance/rejection in the mail to find out what the decision was.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”