Any Fake Outs?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sanjola

Any Fake Outs?

Postby sanjola » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:59 am

My brother came running up jovially this morning with a big white packet, thinking that a LS sent me an acceptance.

My heart skipped a beat until I saw the "Regent Law" sticker on the front. I explained Stalker Law to him and told him I appreciated his enthusiasm.

Has anyone else experienced a fake out acceptance before?

dcwumpus

Re: Any Fake Outs?

Postby dcwumpus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:03 am

sanjola wrote:My brother came running up jovially this morning with a big white packet, thinking that a LS sent me an acceptance.

My heart skipped a beat until I saw the "Regent Law" sticker on the front. I explained Stalker Law to him and told him I appreciated his enthusiasm.

Every email from Valparaiso - and there are a LOT of them - stops my heart for a moment.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:04 am

dcwumpus wrote:
sanjola wrote:My brother came running up jovially this morning with a big white packet, thinking that a LS sent me an acceptance.

Every email from Valparaiso - and there are a LOT of them - stops my heart for a moment.

huge package from SMU

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 am

dcwumpus wrote:

Yup, I get those too. That MLK Day speech one the other day was so misleading since they appeared as "Law.Admission" on my g-mail the other day.

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:21 am

hey sanjola have you heard anything back from the law schools you applied to? i know that you are a reapplicant.

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 am

gothamm wrote:hey sanjola have you heard anything back from the law schools you applied to? i know that you are a reapplicant.

not yet gotahmm. I've been waiting for Southwestern for almost 5 months now.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:08 am

sanjola wrote:
gothamm wrote:hey sanjola have you heard anything back from the law schools you applied to? i know that you are a reapplicant.

not yet gotahmm. I've been waiting for Southwestern for almost 5 months now.

5 months?! What on earth takes them so long? Do they just not make decisions until January-ish maybe?

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:44 am

I received an acceptance email this morning, but was really confused because I had just sent my app out yesterday. Luckily it was promptly followed by a "sorry we fucked up" email.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:49 am

sanjola wrote:

Northwestern has faked me out a couple times, and I always have to remind myself that I didn't apply there.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 am

StillHerexxx wrote:I received an acceptance email this morning, but was really confused because I had just sent my app out yesterday. Luckily it was promptly followed by a "sorry we fucked up" email.

From U of R by any chance? I just got one this morning from them. I applied in November so I was fully expecting to hear something any day now. It was really disappointing.

molomloch

Postby molomloch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:51 am

Anyone else mark e-mails from TTT as spam in e-mail settings?

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am

Yeah, must have been a big time fuck up to all applicants. I feel bad for you because an acceptance was possible, that had to be a huge dissapointment. I was confused as to why I would get an acceptance that quick.

VTarmyjag

Postby VTarmyjag » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:58 am

Last edited by VTarmyjag on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:00 pm

molomloch wrote:Anyone else mark e-mails from TTT as spam in e-mail settings?

Nope, but I might soon. I got my very first email from Regent this morning, and I hear they're the worst. But if it gets bad I could take the advice of a poster on another thread and email them back telling them I'm a lesbian so they'll leave me alone. :)

mpj_3050

Postby mpj_3050 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:05 pm

kjadkins wrote:

Nope, but I might soon. I got my very first email from Regent this morning, and I hear they're the worst. But if it gets bad I could take the advice of a poster on another thread and email them back telling them I'm a lesbian so they'll leave me alone. :)

Yeah Regent is terrible. I know someone started a thread and supposedly sent Regent a letter asking them about how they reconcile their "Christian" principles with the 30k plus yearly tuition bill.

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:09 am

mpj_3050 wrote:
kjadkins wrote:

Yeah Regent is terrible. I know someone started a thread and supposedly sent Regent a letter asking them about how they reconcile their "Christian" principles with the 30k plus yearly tuition bill.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but that is awesome. :D

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:28 am

I am getting all these huge envelopes with application fee waivers from top 50 schools NOW...IN FEBRUARY!!!

just this week i got william and mary, george mason, cardozo, tulane, and boulder.

They just want me to be their scapegoat and reject me so to inflate their numbers.....

even with this knowledge, I am totally falling for this. Already applied to a couple of them :D

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 am

gothamm wrote:I am getting all these huge envelopes with application fee waivers from top 50 schools NOW...IN FEBRUARY!!!

just this week i got william and mary, george mason, cardozo, tulane, and boulder.

They just want me to be their scapegoat and reject me so to inflate their numbers.....

even with this knowledge, I am totally falling for this. Already applied to a couple of them :D

...like lambs to the slaughter.

:wink:

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:38 am

Adjudicator wrote:
gothamm wrote:I am getting all these huge envelopes with application fee waivers from top 50 schools NOW...IN FEBRUARY!!!

...like lambs to the slaughter.

:wink:

damn straight :wink:

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:44 am

Last year, I applied to (among other places) GW. They rejected me around early February... A few weeks later I got another letter from them. I'm thinking "Holy crap, my rejection must've been an accident! Go GW!"

I open the envelope... "We would like to invite you to apply for admission into our Fall of 2010 class..."

I sent them an email about it and let them know they had a glitch in their system. I had a good laugh about it but, damn.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:26 am

I've been waiting to hear back from University of Richmond because people with worse numbers have gotten in already. I had a gigantic packet from them in my mailbox, only to open it and find a viewbook and application. I applied over two months ago.

Fool me once, shame on you...

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Damn, that's mean of GW and Richmond. Don't they keep the names on separate lists?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Huge package from Minnesota and my roommate flipped out and barged into my room jumping and screaming "You're in, you're in!!"

When I discovered who it was from I nearly strangled her.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”