PLEASE READ - LSAC report question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rjh456

New

PLEASE READ - LSAC report question

Post by rjh456 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm

I made a huge mistake and didn't send an official transcript request form to the international university where I did my graduate dregree, so I'm now missing a transcript from my law school report. I have completed and submitted all my applications, paid the fees, etc, without realizing this, and LSAC failed to mention all of that until I hit the send button on my apps. If I don't get this transcript into LSAC and have them process it by Feb 1st (deadlines of most schools I'm applying to) have I missed the deadline? Or is the deadline to submit the application form itself, in which case I have....? Please Please help me figure out this unfortunate situation...

ATR

Silver

Re: PLEASE READ - LSAC report question

Post by ATR » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this. If I were you, I would call LSAC and discuss this with someone who can actually give you an unequivocally correct answer.

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Call your law schools, too. You may be allowed to send in your transcripts direct to them.

rjh456

New

Post by rjh456 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:15 pm

That's what I was thinking too, but without the transcript my score report is incomplete and LSAC won't send it out right...?

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:16 pm

rjh456 wrote:That's what I was thinking too, but without the transcript my score report is incomplete and LSAC won't send it out right...?
Oh, gotcha. :? Yeah, that's a good question. Honestly, your best advice is definitely to call ASAP. If it's any comfort, I don't think most law schools care all that much about your graduate GPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:06 am

Most schools' deadlines apply to when you submit. Some schools stipulate a date after the deadline that your file must be complete.

Regardless, applying at deadline and without your issue greatly reduces your chances of admission. I would try getting the transcript in asap, and if the cycle doesn't work out well, reapply.

BTW it doesn't take too long to process transcripts. Get the university to do a rush service and send it to LSAC using express mail like FedEx (of course pay for the rush and the express mailing), and LSAC can process it in 1-2 days. I got my transcript processed 3 days after I requested it, but my school is in Philly (near LSAC) and they send it out the same day.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:52 am

r6_philly wrote:Most schools' deadlines apply to when you submit. Some schools stipulate a date after the deadline that your file must be complete.

Regardless, applying at deadline and without your issue greatly reduces your chances of admission. I would try getting the transcript in asap, and if the cycle doesn't work out well, reapply.

BTW it doesn't take too long to process transcripts. Get the university to do a rush service and send it to LSAC using express mail like FedEx (of course pay for the rush and the express mailing), and LSAC can process it in 1-2 days. I got my transcript processed 3 days after I requested it, but my school is in Philly (near LSAC) and they send it out the same day.
TITCR

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”