LSAT retake question for Fall 2011 admission

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mich08

LSAT retake question for Fall 2011 admission

Postby mich08 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:18 pm

I'm looking for some advice.

I didn't decide to go to law school until late October 2010, after 2.5 years in the workforce. Although I was scoring an average of 165 on practice tests after a month and a half of studying, I didn't do as well as I'd hoped on the December LSAT (158) due to extreme anxiety. I know I can do better on the February LSAT. I am only applying to the University of Cincinnati, as my fiance and I are committed to living in the area for at least another year. UC Law's median LSAT and GPA are 161 and 3.56. The 75%/25% for the LSAT and GPA are 161/157 and 3.80/3.36.

I triple majored and have a 3.5 GPA from U-M. UC accepts February LSAT scores, but they're going to hold my application until the score comes in, should I decide to take it again. I'm looking for advice on whether I should retake under the premise that I'll score much higher or just submit my application with my current stats. Waiting to apply for Fall 2012 isn't an option.

TLSanders

Re: LSAT retake question for Fall 2011 admission

Postby TLSanders » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 am

How strong is the rest of your application? What was your work experience during that time? Any really interesting involvements or experience that makes you a particularly desirable candidate? How strong are your recommendations? Personal statement? Supplemental materials?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”