Cornell Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NorCalBruin

Cornell Question

Postby NorCalBruin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:02 pm

So, I got into Cornell EA with my october LSAT score (167), but have since received my December score (169). I don't know if Cornell has sent anyone scholarships yet, but I certainly didn't get one when I was admitted. Is it possible to negotiate a scholarship with this slightly higher score? Should I double check that they even have my higher score?

NorCalBruin

Re: Cornell Question

Postby NorCalBruin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:23 pm

bump-a-lump

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Scholarships would not have gone out yet for Cornell except maybe the Dean's scholarship. You have to feel out the information for the financial aid office, and most scholarships come out in March. Make sure you update Cornell with your new score before than.

Also, from my personal experience, it does not seem that Cornell negotiates scholarships unless you can show them a scholarship offer from a peer* school.

*Peer means what Cornell thinks is peer schools.

Zeile

Postby Zeile » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 pm

CyLaw wrote:Scholarships would not have gone out yet for Cornell except maybe the Dean's scholarship. You have to feel out the information for the financial aid office, and most scholarships come out in March. Make sure you update Cornell with your new score before than.

Also, from my personal experience, it does not seem that Cornell negotiates scholarships unless you can show them a scholarship offer from a peer* school.

Are Vandy and UCLA peer schools?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Zeile wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Scholarships would not have gone out yet for Cornell except maybe the Dean's scholarship. You have to feel out the information for the financial aid office, and most scholarships come out in March. Make sure you update Cornell with your new score before than.

Vandy was not last year when I asked. Don't know about UCLA.

Zeile

Postby Zeile » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:36 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Zeile wrote:

Michigan?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Zeile wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
Zeile wrote:

Michigan?

I imagine Michigan is a yes, but I don't know for certain. The financial aid office would be a better set of people to ask.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”