Cornell Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
NorCalBruin

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Cornell Question

Postby NorCalBruin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:02 pm

So, I got into Cornell EA with my october LSAT score (167), but have since received my December score (169). I don't know if Cornell has sent anyone scholarships yet, but I certainly didn't get one when I was admitted. Is it possible to negotiate a scholarship with this slightly higher score? Should I double check that they even have my higher score?

User avatar
NorCalBruin

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Cornell Question

Postby NorCalBruin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:23 pm

bump-a-lump

CyLaw

Gold
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell Question

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Scholarships would not have gone out yet for Cornell except maybe the Dean's scholarship. You have to feel out the information for the financial aid office, and most scholarships come out in March. Make sure you update Cornell with your new score before than.

Also, from my personal experience, it does not seem that Cornell negotiates scholarships unless you can show them a scholarship offer from a peer* school.

*Peer means what Cornell thinks is peer schools.

Zeile

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:15 am

Re: Cornell Question

Postby Zeile » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 pm

CyLaw wrote:Scholarships would not have gone out yet for Cornell except maybe the Dean's scholarship. You have to feel out the information for the financial aid office, and most scholarships come out in March. Make sure you update Cornell with your new score before than.

Also, from my personal experience, it does not seem that Cornell negotiates scholarships unless you can show them a scholarship offer from a peer* school.

*Peer means what Cornell thinks is peer schools.


Are Vandy and UCLA peer schools?

CyLaw

Gold
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell Question

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Zeile wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Scholarships would not have gone out yet for Cornell except maybe the Dean's scholarship. You have to feel out the information for the financial aid office, and most scholarships come out in March. Make sure you update Cornell with your new score before than.

Also, from my personal experience, it does not seem that Cornell negotiates scholarships unless you can show them a scholarship offer from a peer* school.

*Peer means what Cornell thinks is peer schools.


Are Vandy and UCLA peer schools?


Vandy was not last year when I asked. Don't know about UCLA.

Zeile

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:15 am

Re: Cornell Question

Postby Zeile » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:36 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Zeile wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Scholarships would not have gone out yet for Cornell except maybe the Dean's scholarship. You have to feel out the information for the financial aid office, and most scholarships come out in March. Make sure you update Cornell with your new score before than.

Also, from my personal experience, it does not seem that Cornell negotiates scholarships unless you can show them a scholarship offer from a peer* school.

*Peer means what Cornell thinks is peer schools.


Are Vandy and UCLA peer schools?


Vandy was not last year when I asked. Don't know about UCLA.


Michigan?

CyLaw

Gold
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell Question

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Zeile wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
Zeile wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Scholarships would not have gone out yet for Cornell except maybe the Dean's scholarship. You have to feel out the information for the financial aid office, and most scholarships come out in March. Make sure you update Cornell with your new score before than.

Also, from my personal experience, it does not seem that Cornell negotiates scholarships unless you can show them a scholarship offer from a peer* school.

*Peer means what Cornell thinks is peer schools.


Are Vandy and UCLA peer schools?


Vandy was not last year when I asked. Don't know about UCLA.


Michigan?


I imagine Michigan is a yes, but I don't know for certain. The financial aid office would be a better set of people to ask.



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests