Delay on some LSAC reports being sent? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chasgoose

Silver

Delay on some LSAC reports being sent?

Post by chasgoose » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:22 pm

So I applied to 9 schools on Thursday and on Monday LSAC had sent reports to 7 of them. They still haven't sent the reports to the other two despite them being requested by the schools (the status checker from one of them says all materials have been received). Has this happened to anyone and should I contact LSAC about it?

luckyme

Bronze

Re: Delay on some LSAC reports being sent?

Post by luckyme » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Happened to me; 4 reports delayed

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Yeah it doesn't make any sense especially because reports have been sent for applications i sent out later than the ones that are held up...

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:41 pm

in between my previous post and this one, two reports have been sent

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:45 pm

UGA was the only school who didnt generate a score report for my Dec score as of yesterday, today they did. I'm sure lots of people are applying this week with their new score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Ha. Me too, 1 of my 2 were sent. Just waiting on the report for Columbia now...

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Same thing happening to me. Really frustrating. My GULC report was sent yesterday but BU hasn't yet. The BU one is arguably more important because I don't really have a shot at GULC... so I'm pretty annoyed.

Incidentally my new GW report hasn't been sent either, but that's unimportant since I'm already in there.

I sent BU this e mail:
Dear Boston University Law representative,

I submitted an application to the JD program with a hold for my December LSAT score. Unfortunately LSAC is having some technical difficulties. I have spoken with an LSAC service representative and she said this problem is occurring for other persons as well.

It seems that, despite the Thursday score release, the LSAC report has not been generated. This is frustrating for me, who had everything in early with only a new LSAT to complete the process, and to the university that must wait longer than expected to review a new applicant.

I would like to do whatever I can to remedy the situation. Boston University is a top choice for me because of its IP reputation and Boston location, my wife is from NH and we are big fans of the city. As such, I would offer a release of the hold on my application so that it is transmitted without the new score if the admissions committee will still consider my new score, which I unofficially report as 169.

If this is not possible for the committee at this time then we will have to wait for LSAC to work through its difficulties, however long that may take. I find the aforementioned situation much preferable to being at the mercy of whatever mischief Murphy is working on LSAC's system.

Thank you in advance for taking your time with this, I look forward to hearing from you,
Firstname Lastname

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”