quick question about HS GPA Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
swtlilsoni

Bronze

quick question about HS GPA

Post by swtlilsoni » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 am

I'm filling out my apps and it is asking for it. Do I really need to put it in or can I leave this blank? I don't remember my HS GPA. I could ask my highschool for it I guess but does it matter? Law schools don't care about it, they only care about college GPA. So can I just leave that blank?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: quick question about HS GPA

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:44 am

If it's on the common information form, go ahead and leave it blank. The common info form just fills in information that the school apps all tend to ask for, so you don't have to fill in your name and address and other basics over and over on every single app.

If any school apps require it, you'll have to judge for yourself whether leaving off information that the school is specifically asking for is a good idea. (I'll give you a hint: the answer is no.)

It took me 10 minutes to call my high school and then fax them a letter requesting transcript to be mailed to me.

TLSanders

Bronze

Re: quick question about HS GPA

Post by TLSanders » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:27 am

Interesting that you've judged that "law schools don't care about it" when they've put it on the application form. Why do you suppose they did that?

Yes, it's certainly true that there are some law schools that don't care about it. It's also true that there are some law schools where an application with a blank is considered "incomplete" and not considered or returned for completion.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”