Police Officer Applicant Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
linco0

New

Police Officer Applicant

Post by linco0 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Hello,
I currently work as a Reserve Police Officer with over 1000 hours served. I graduated from a top ranked private university in Los Angeles with a 3.45 GPA. Im having a little trouble with the LSATs, with my practice tests scoring in at 149. Im curious to know how much would top 100 schools look at my law enforcement experience compared to my LSAT/GPA. Also what kind of schools could I get into. Im looking into UC Hastings, Fordham, Loyola, etc.

Thanks!

starbucksjunkie

New

Re: Police Officer Applicant

Post by starbucksjunkie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Your accomplishments are quiet impressive but your GPA is average, so you do need to get a better LSAT score to get into those schools. You have to plan on actually getting a score lower than what you practice test at. Few people score higher or the same as their PTs.

Are you having issues finding time to study? What is your study plan? Are you planning on taking if Feb? If so, that is a little late and you probably need more time to study. If you are planning going for the next cycle, you have plenty of time to study. Go to LSAT Prep forum for advise for preparing for it and get the bibles.

I doubt a 149 would get you into any decent school worth paying for. With under a 155, realistically, you are looking at Tier 4s, like Cooley. You have a demonstrated history of public service. Do yourself a favor and work harder at getting a good score so you can get into a good school.

pwyoung

Bronze

Post by pwyoung » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Find a way to take a prep course. You need to get a much better LSAT to be considered anywhere you'd actually want to go to.

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Take the LSAT then come back.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”