Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Peg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:25 am

Has anyone else had difficulty signing primary applications to law schools through LSAC? For some reason the blue box won't be there on the Applicant's Signature line, and it won't let me sign it any other way. Has anyone else faced this problem? Any ideas for how to get around it?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 am

Peg wrote:Has anyone else had difficulty signing primary applications to law schools through LSAC? For some reason the blue box won't be there on the Applicant's Signature line, and it won't let me sign it any other way. Has anyone else faced this problem? Any ideas for how to get around it?


The next page there should be a checkbox. This checkbox is the actual electronic signature. It won't let you submit unless this box is checked, so you can't mess it up.

User avatar
2Serious4Numbers
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 am

Knock wrote:
Peg wrote:Has anyone else had difficulty signing primary applications to law schools through LSAC? For some reason the blue box won't be there on the Applicant's Signature line, and it won't let me sign it any other way. Has anyone else faced this problem? Any ideas for how to get around it?


The next page there should be a checkbox. This checkbox is the actual electronic signature. It won't let you submit unless this box is checked, so you can't mess it up.


TITCR

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Leira7905 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:28 am

Also, some schools require a signature to be mailed in separately... check the application instructions for that school

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 am

Leira7905 wrote:Also, some schools require a signature to be mailed in separately... check the application instructions for that school


What schools do this for a RD application?

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Leira7905 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 am

Knock wrote:
Leira7905 wrote:Also, some schools require a signature to be mailed in separately... check the application instructions for that school


What schools do this for a RD application?



One of my TTT safeties did....

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7961
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 am

Knock wrote:
Leira7905 wrote:Also, some schools require a signature to be mailed in separately... check the application instructions for that school


What schools do this for a RD application?

I think your troll radar is broken Knock <3

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Leira7905 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:35 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
Knock wrote:
Leira7905 wrote:Also, some schools require a signature to be mailed in separately... check the application instructions for that school


What schools do this for a RD application?

I think your troll radar is broken Knock <3


????

Leira7905 wrote:
Knock wrote:
Leira7905 wrote:Also, some schools require a signature to be mailed in separately... check the application instructions for that school


What schools do this for a RD application?



One of my TTT safeties did....

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Peg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:40 am

There's no check box under the signature line for GW's application at least. LSAC is ridiculous. I guess I have to send this in by snail mail now? Which will probably delay the processing.

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Leira7905 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:42 am

Peg wrote:There's no check box under the signature line for GW's application at least. LSAC is ridiculous. I guess I have to send this in by snail mail now? Which will probably delay the processing.


Click through the app... it should tell you what to do... either it will have a checkbook in the next window, or it will ask you to mail in a signature page.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:42 am

Peg wrote:There's no check box under the signature line for GW's application at least. LSAC is ridiculous. I guess I have to send this in by snail mail now? Which will probably delay the processing.


No, go further in the submit process. Keep going until you see a check box.

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Peg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:46 am

Never mind - I saw this topic was discussed a while ago and writing the date is good enough: http://www.top-law-schools.com/archives ... =2&t=91773

No, go further in the submit process. Keep going until you see a check box.


Oh, I see what you mean. Thanks!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Unable to sign electronically on LSAC

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:48 am

Peg wrote:Never mind - I saw this topic was discussed a while ago and writing the date is good enough: http://www.top-law-schools.com/archives ... =2&t=91773

No, go further in the submit process. Keep going until you see a check box.


Oh, I see what you mean. Thanks!


Np, good luck!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaronbursar, ollythecat, phelpsy and 3 guests