June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tmc07d
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 pm

June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby tmc07d » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:46 pm

If I retook my LSAT in June and had everything ready to be sent to law schools would I still have a chance to get in if I were applying at tier4 schools or would even they be filled up by then?

User avatar
JaLeCa
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby JaLeCa » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:48 pm

TTTT schools always have room. Always.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby bergg007 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:49 pm

tmc07d wrote:If I retook my LSAT in June and had everything ready to be sent to law schools would I still have a chance to get in if I were applying at tier4 schools or would even they be filled up by then?


FWIW, Seton hall told me last year after my LSAT that they could fit me into the upcoming fall semester if I wanted to go there. I had a 163 and they were willing but i'm still finishing undergrad. I wouldn't recommend this path though. just wait a year.

tmc07d
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby tmc07d » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:03 pm

So somewhere like Charlotte law school or something is possible to get into even that late for fall in your opinion?

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:06 pm

tmc07d wrote:So somewhere like Charlotte law school or something is possible to get into even that late for fall in your opinion?


Considering that Charlotte Law is a for-profit institution, I'm sure they'd have no problem taking your money. However, they probably also have no problem watching all their grads fail to get jobs. Please think this thing through.

tmc07d
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby tmc07d » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Are their any decent public schools that would be possible to get into for fall if I took the June LSAT and did pretty well?

ballpop
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 am

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby ballpop » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:51 pm

bergg007 wrote:
tmc07d wrote:If I retook my LSAT in June and had everything ready to be sent to law schools would I still have a chance to get in if I were applying at tier4 schools or would even they be filled up by then?


FWIW, Seton hall told me last year after my LSAT that they could fit me into the upcoming fall semester if I wanted to go there. I had a 163 and they were willing but i'm still finishing undergrad. I wouldn't recommend this path though. just wait a year.


And Seton Hall isn't technically TTT or TTTT

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby ATR » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:40 am

If you want a chance at legal employment, don't attend a TTT/T4.

tmc07d
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby tmc07d » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Thats an odd answer because I actually know an attorney that attended cumberland in AL and is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the entire US. So im pretty sure where you go to school doesnt completely reflect on your ability to be a good attorney, make money and ultimately lol...get a job.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby akili » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 pm

tmc07d wrote:Thats an odd answer because I actually know an attorney that attended cumberland in AL and is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the entire US. So im pretty sure where you go to school doesnt completely reflect on your ability to be a good attorney, make money and ultimately lol...get a job.


Where you went to school doesn't necessarily "reflect on your ability to be a good attorney" but it definitely predicts whether you'll have a job and be making money.

User avatar
BrownBears09
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby BrownBears09 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
tmc07d wrote:So somewhere like Charlotte law school or something is possible to get into even that late for fall in your opinion?


Considering that Charlotte Law is a for-profit institution, I'm sure they'd have no problem taking your money.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:46 pm

JaLeCa wrote:TTTT schools always have room. Always.


This.

atresia wrote:If you want a chance at legal employment, don't attend a TTT/T4.


Not 100% correct, but pretty damn close.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:51 pm

tmc07d wrote:Thats an odd answer because I actually know an attorney that attended cumberland in AL and is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the entire US. So im pretty sure where you go to school doesnt completely reflect on your ability to be a good attorney, make money and ultimately lol...get a job.


He/she went to law school in a different era. When he/she went to law school, the market wasn't incredibly oversaturated and there were actually enough jobs for everyone who graduated.

thegor1987
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby thegor1987 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:51 pm

You would be in the normal applicant pool. Most people take the LSAT in June and apply to LS, some even take it as late as October

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby akili » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:53 pm

thegor1987 wrote:You would be in the normal applicant pool. Most people take the LSAT in June and apply to LS, some even take it as late as October


He means to take it in June 2011 for entry in fall 2011 (not 2012)

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:54 pm

thegor1987 wrote:You would be in the normal applicant pool. Most people take the LSAT in June and apply to LS, some even take it as late as October

OP means take the LSAT in June and attend law school that coming Fall, not the next one.

thegor1987
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby thegor1987 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:57 pm

naterj wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:You would be in the normal applicant pool. Most people take the LSAT in June and apply to LS, some even take it as late as October

OP means take the LSAT in June and attend law school that coming Fall, not the next one.


I know I was making a joke to illustrate how bad of an idea this is. Besides if you want T4 you don't need to study for the LSAT anyways just take it in Feb.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:58 pm

naterj wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:You would be in the normal applicant pool. Most people take the LSAT in June and apply to LS, some even take it as late as October

OP means take the LSAT in June and attend law school that coming Fall, not the next one.


If this is true, it is entirely possible. I remember coming across a few apps that had August 1 deadlines for fall admission. I was like, wtf, how could a decision be rendered that quickly and how were seats still open? But I guess a few spots are still available.

OP is Cooley bound, IMO.

thegor1987
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby thegor1987 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Miami has July 31st deadline.

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby niederbomb » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:10 pm

T4's require the LSAT?

I've gotten a few emails from some that don't. Apply to those. :)

Enjoy your new career at McBig Law Burgers.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby txadv11 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 pm

niederbomb wrote:T4's require the LSAT?

I've gotten a few emails from some that don't. Apply to those. :)

Enjoy your new career at McBig Law Burgers.



I call BS. All ABA accredited schools REQUIRE the LSAT. If you are trying to lump in the California unaccredited schools, they aren't ranked, so they aren't TTTT.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:32 pm

i know this is an echo, but if you are wishing and hoping to go to a tier 4, PLEASE don't go to law school....PLEASE

User avatar
gothamm
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 am

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby gothamm » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:08 pm

atresia wrote:If you want a chance at legal employment, don't attend a TTT/T4.


LOL.

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby niederbomb » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:23 pm

gothamm wrote:
atresia wrote:If you want a chance at legal employment, don't attend a TTT/T4.


LOL.


Big Law sucks anyway. If you want a fun/interesting job, Starbucks is the perfect way to go, and attending a TTT/4 is an excellent strategy for getting there.

User avatar
BrownBears09
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: June LSAT for fall entry at tier4?

Postby BrownBears09 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:28 am

niederbomb wrote:
gothamm wrote:
atresia wrote:If you want a chance at legal employment, don't attend a TTT/T4.


LOL.


Big Law sucks anyway. If you want a fun/interesting job, Starbucks is the perfect way to go, and attending a TTT/4 is an excellent strategy for getting there.


You're pretty condescending (and seem to have a lot of employment advice/hindsight) for a 0L. I hope you don't act like that IRL.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Monochromatic Oeuvre and 2 guests