Question about the next step I should take...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
brangara

Question about the next step I should take...

Postby brangara » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:21 pm

So my GPA is not where I want it to be (LSDAS 3.2), and I graduated a year early, so I don't think I can take any more courses or another degree to raise it. My papers/essays were always perfect scores, I was always just a terrible test taker, which is why my GPA is so bad.

Took the LSAT 3x with my highest being 160. I know from the numbers and from the fact I'm a terrible test taker that many would say that I shouldn't even consider law school. However, law school is something I know that I really want to do. I'm very passionate about the law, so not considering law school is not an option to me.

Advice on what should be the next step? I was in the process of applying for Fall 2011 at the moment, but I want to know how much of a difference the school I attend makes, and whether I should wait to apply or if I should go locally/transfer, etc. Thanks!

CanadianWolf

Re: Question about the next step I should take...

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:24 pm

What is your LSDAS GPA ? URM ? Preferred locations for practicing ?
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brangara

Postby brangara » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:25 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:What is your LSDAS GPA ? URM ?

LSDAS GPA = 3.2

LSAT = 160

Non-URM (South Asian)

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Much depends upon your financial situation, preferred locations & expectations from earning a law degree (career goals).
You can certainly gain admission to many tier one &, possibly, all tier two law schools. Nebraska has special programs in law & psychology that may be of interest to you. Wisconsin is a possibility (no bar exam required for graduates to become members of the Wisconsin State Bar). Denver. Miami.

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:47 pm

brangara wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:What is your LSDAS GPA ? URM ?

LSDAS GPA = 3.2

LSAT = 160

Non-URM (South Asian)

If you insist on going to law school go somewhere where you can minimize debt. No matter where you graduate from, you're going to have terrible employment prospects and there's a decent chance you'll never really practice law. But at least go somewhere where you won't have 6 figure debt.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”