LSAT Addendum Needed? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JamesDean44

New

LSAT Addendum Needed?

Post by JamesDean44 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:31 pm

I applied to a number of schools with a 161 LSAT score. My retake was a 167. Do I need to write an LSAT Addendum to schools to which I already applied to? Should I write an addendum to the schools I am now applying to?

The score difference was due to a bubbling error costing me 3 credited responses on RC and also nerves affecting my logic game performance. Is this worth writing an addendum for?

Thoughts?

TommyK

Silver

Re: LSAT Addendum Needed?

Post by TommyK » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 pm

JamesDean44 wrote:I applied to a number of schools with a 161 LSAT score. My retake was a 167. Do I need to write an LSAT Addendum to schools to which I already applied to? Should I write an addendum to the schools I am now applying to?

The score difference was due to a bubbling error costing me 3 credited responses on RC and also nerves affecting my logic game performance. Is this worth writing an addendum for?

Thoughts?
I wouldn't. It seems like test-day jitters. A ton of people retake. I'm of the opinion sending in an addendum wouldn't make a difference. I had similar scores on both of my tests (159, 167) and I'd much rather just own the less-than-stellar score than add another piece of paper into my file.

I think LSAT addenda are probably more valuable when explaining a history of outperforming standardized tests - e.g., pulling in a 3.8 in chem engineering from a solid school after getting a 990 on your SAT (I might be showing my age here, since I think the SAT has changed and is no longer based out of 1600), or explaining two scores that are wildly out of range - e.g., getting a 143 and then a 169.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”