LSAC Letter of Rec Processing Time Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kobebeef

New

LSAC Letter of Rec Processing Time

Post by kobebeef » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:51 pm

I potentially have a huge problem. My letter of rec professors were ostensibly sending in my letters before the 15th of December. After not seeing any letters processed, I found out they had forgotten/been too busy to send them off. If they sent it on the 7th like promised what are my chances, realistically, of getting the letters processed and my app completed? In addition, how badly hurt are my chances at admission especially regarding T14-ish area schools (like UCLA) with a Feb 1st deadline?

I have somewhat strong stats: 3.71 and a 170 on the December LSAT.

Appreciate the help--Cheers.

chasgoose

Silver

Re: LSAC Letter of Rec Processing Time

Post by chasgoose » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:47 pm

Well, I sent in one of my LOR's for the recommender myself (the other one was a professor and I live on the other side of the country from my alma mater) and I put it in the mailbox on a Saturday and it wasn't processed until over two weeks later. Apparently there is a fax number you can send them to (LSAC doesn't like to publicize this option, I'm sure that the info is available somewhere on here) and it gets processed a lot faster that way. I think you should see if you can convince your professors to fax them in or try to fax them yourself if possible. If they were sent on the 7th, they will most likely be processed before the deadline but this close before the deadline every day starts to matter more.

mintless

New

Post by mintless » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 pm

Wait, so do letters have to processed by a school's application deadline or just sent in?

parsi

Bronze

Post by parsi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:50 am

LORs are part of your application so they must all be submitted by the app deadline (obvi)

Just fax it...I mailed 2 of mine in and was tired of waiting for them so I faxed the 2 along with a 3rd one and they were all processed in like 3 days

just google it for the number

kobebeef

New

Post by kobebeef » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:58 pm

wow, that was incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Now I hope my professors can follow directions. Members of the Humanities Dept. are known to be dinosaurs when it comes to technology.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”