Where should i apply (this late) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JD=Doctor

Bronze

Where should i apply (this late)

Post by JD=Doctor » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 pm

I have already applied to a few schools and received a couple decisions and feel i should have applied to more

166/3.7x From top #25 (Took Dec but no luck, no more retakes)

I want to end up in LA/NY and make the financially smartest decision.

Applied to:
UCLA - W/L
USC- (Taking a tour this week...no decision yet)
Loyola LA - Accepted $87k (Most likely can negotiate to full)
Pepperdine - Accepted Full
Fordham- (applied late)
Cordozo - Accepted Full Tuition (top 80%)

as of now my choices look like dozo, loyola for free or maybe just maybe usc at sticker
>What do you recommend i do with these and is there any other LS i should be applying to (is BU/BC, hastings ect worth the $$debt?)

JD=Doctor

Bronze

Re: Where should i apply (this late)

Post by JD=Doctor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:05 pm

*shameful bump*

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:10 pm

One school that seems to punch above its weight and has numbers similar to yours is UIUC. You might even get money there. Midwestern schools love splitters. You want New York or LA, but you're from LA? What's wrong with Chicago?

How does Arizona State Place in Cali?

Cardozo sucks. Don't go there. Hopefully, you will get into USC or Fordham, but you'd be paying sticker. What would happen if you took the Feb LSAT to get off UCLA's waiting list? That's what I would do if I were you, but I think the registration deadline is coming up quickly.

JD=Doctor

Bronze

Post by JD=Doctor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:01 pm

niederbomb wrote:One school that seems to punch above its weight and has numbers similar to yours is UIUC. You might even get money there. Midwestern schools love splitters. You want New York or LA, but you're from LA? What's wrong with Chicago?

How does Arizona State Place in Cali?

Cardozo sucks. Don't go there. Hopefully, you will get into USC or Fordham, but you'd be paying sticker. What would happen if you took the Feb LSAT to get off UCLA's waiting list? That's what I would do if I were you, but I think the registration deadline is coming up quickly.

so seeing that my numbers are right there for everything post USC i applied to (thank gd for fee waivors)
BU,
emory,
washU,
UIUC,
Umini,
GW,
Cornell (who knows)
Davis
and Hastings

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:15 pm

BU, BC, GW, Vandy, and UT are all schools that are worth going to. If your numbers are good for USC you will likely get into at least a few of these. UT is tricky though because they fill up their class relatively early. UVA and GULC still have their ED option open, so if you would like a shot at the T14 consider applying ED to one of them; UVA then GULC if rejected would be yuor best ED strat for T14.

JD=Doctor

Bronze

Post by JD=Doctor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:22 pm

buckilaw wrote:BU, BC, GW, Vandy, and UT are all schools that are worth going to. If your numbers are good for USC you will likely get into at least a few of these. UT is tricky though because they fill up their class relatively early. UVA and GULC still have their ED option open, so if you would like a shot at the T14 consider applying ED to one of them; UVA then GULC if rejected would be yuor best ED strat for T14.
with a 166/3.71?

-----

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”