Labeling PS and Resume Documents

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
spets

Bronze

Labeling PS and Resume Documents

Postby spets » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:48 pm

I tried to do a search for this question but wasn't able to come up with anything.

If a school doesn't specify any particular directions regarding the PS and Resume Word Docs, what should I label the actual documents? Would "John Doe - Personal Statement" suffice? Thanks.

quetzal_bird

Bronze

Re: Labeling PS and Resume Documents

Postby quetzal_bird » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:58 pm

It should be pretty apparent what your resume is, and it should have your name at the top. I included my LSAC # on my address line. For my personal statement, to maximize space, I put a header at the top of the page that had "Personal Statement" on one side and my LSAC # on the other

spets

Bronze

Postby spets » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:01 pm

quetzal_bird wrote:It should be pretty apparent what your resume is, and it should have your name at the top. I included my LSAC # on my address line. For my personal statement, to maximize space, I put a header at the top of the page that had "Personal Statement" on one side and my LSAC # on the other

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear but I'm actually wondering about the name of the Word Doc itself.

kitmitzi

New

Postby kitmitzi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:14 pm

spets wrote:
quetzal_bird wrote:It should be pretty apparent what your resume is, and it should have your name at the top. I included my LSAC # on my address line. For my personal statement, to maximize space, I put a header at the top of the page that had "Personal Statement" on one side and my LSAC # on the other

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear but I'm actually wondering about the name of the Word Doc itself.

I labeled my personal statement "Personal Statement" and resume "Resume". Not sure if it makes a difference though because the application is sent as a compiled PDF (at least it is in preview) so I'm not sure they even ever see the title of documents.

gtjackets530

New

Postby gtjackets530 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:15 pm

I just made mine "firstname lastname Personal Statement", etc. But yeah it doesn't really matter.

quetzal_bird

Bronze

Postby quetzal_bird » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:31 pm

They don't see it. Just make sure you don't get any school specific documents confused when you label them and you will be fine

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�