Advice needed

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BrianOz1

Advice needed

Postby BrianOz1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:33 pm

After scoring a 163 on the oct LSAT (bloody nose during LG section caused me to miss 6-7 questions) I was frustrated with this score as it was lower than any of my PT's so I wasn't sure I was going to apply this cycle. I retested in Dec. and scored a 170. My UGPA is aproximately 3.5. I have yet to submit anything to LSAC (transcripts, LOR's, etc.). How will applying this late in the cycle effect my chances? If I apply this cycle and don't get accepted at any of my target schools, will it effect my chances of being accepted to the same schools next cycle? Any advice regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated as I need to develop a plan ASAP.

Thanks,
Brian

JazzOne

Re: Advice needed

Postby JazzOne » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:37 pm

I think you'll have a tough time getting all the documents in this cycle. Have you written your PS yet?

At any rate, if you can get all the documents in this cycle, I don't think it will affect you at all if you decide to try again next cycle.

Congrats on the score.

BrianOz1

Postby BrianOz1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks. I should have my PS completed by tomorrow and my LORs submitted by next week. I would hope to have everything completed by the end of the month. Im just worried that applying this late is going to significantly hurt my chances at my target school, but on the other hand I am not getting any younger and would really hate to wait another year.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:48 pm

BrianOz1 wrote:Thanks. I should have my PS completed by tomorrow and my LORs submitted by next week. I would hope to have everything completed by the end of the month. Im just worried that applying this late is going to significantly hurt my chances at my target school, but on the other hand I am not getting any younger and would really hate to wait another year.

I think it is going to severely hurt your chances this cycle. However, I would still apply because it's not going to hurt you next cycle, and it's better to just get everything done now. Then you can just hit submit next September, or whenever the application season begins. My gut instinct is telling me that your cycle will be such that reapplying next year is your best bet. But you never know. Apply and see what happens.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:06 pm

send in your application while processing your transcripts, and LORS. That will help you some, but I would say your best bet would be to apply early next cycle. IF you dont mind working for a year, and resting your brain ( and researching/ visiting some schools and regions to work in ) then I would say get all of your materials in now, enjoy life, and work on your personal statement at your leisure. Once september 1 hits, you can apply super early. You are in a good place with your grades and lsat. iF you havent graduated yet, you can always focus on increasing your gpa and having fun in college.

BrianOz1

Postby BrianOz1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Some of my target schools have a march 1 application deadline. I would hope to have my applications completed by the end of the month. I will asses my options then decide if I should wait a cycle. Should I include an addendum for my LSAT score differences? My first score, while not terrible, is lower than any PT I have ever taken and was the result of an extreme circumstance.

Thanks again.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

if its the result of an extreme circumstance, then write one.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”