LSAT Addendum Needed? (168->177) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chasgoose

Silver

LSAT Addendum Needed? (168->177)

Post by chasgoose » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 pm

I was wondering if I should submit an addendum explaining my change in scores from a 168 3 years ago to a 177. I was hesitant to do so because I don't really have any explanation for the difference except I was mostly taking it the last time out of "OMG what am I going to do after college" panic. I guess I could say that I only got one hour of sleep that night which was true, but that seems weak to me. I did prepare more this time and put more thought and effort into it (the first time I had never really had to study for a standardized test before) but aside from that I don't really have any explanation.

Further complicating matters is that most of my apps were already submitted so I think it would look weird to send in a brief note about the difference especially if the explanation was relatively weak.

Any tips?

NorCalBruin

Silver

Re: LSAT Addendum Needed? (168->177)

Post by NorCalBruin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:24 pm

I wouldn't. A 177 speaks for itself... basically that you're awesome. Congrats.

There are some schools that ask for an explanation for large jumps. Search the forum to figure out exactly which. But as long as your apps aren't those schools, I wouldn't worry about it.

Besides, you're old score is 3 years ago and you already turned in most of your apps. It's all good.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Re: LSAT Addendum Needed? (168->177)

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:23 pm

I agree that you shouldn't sweat it. I mean holy crap, that's awesome. If you have a good GPA you should be able to go to any school you want

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”