Can bar examiners see all my law school applications?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fbonaparte1

Postby fbonaparte1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Suppose that I applied to multiple law schools -- A, B, C and D -- and chose to attend law school D. Let's say that after graduation I apply for admission to the bar in Texas (or any other state). Will bar examiners have access to my applications to schools A, B and C -- even though I attended only law school D?

In other words, can bar examiners see the applications that a person sent to other law schools, i.e. not the school that he or she attended? Would bar examiners be able to obtain the applications through LSAC? And if so, does anyone know whether bar examiners or investigators do this on a regular basis?

Thanks.

fbonaparte1

Re: Can bar examiners see all my law school applications?

Postby fbonaparte1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 pm

In case anyone is wondering:

The reason that I'm asking isn't because I want to lie to anyone. In fact, I have been completely truthful on all my applications. Different law school applications ask different questions and use different language when they do so.

I am concerned that someone could accuse me of inconsistency if the details that I provided on one application are not present on another application. The details could range from dates and months of employment to descriptions in a response to a C&F question. If I applied to several schools, the language that I used and information that I presented could differ.

BrownBears09

Postby BrownBears09 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm

fbonaparte1 wrote:In case anyone is wondering:

The reason that I'm asking isn't because I want to lie to anyone. In fact, I have been completely truthful on all my applications. Different law school applications ask different questions and use different language when they do so.

I am concerned that someone could accuse me of inconsistency if the details that I provided on one application are not present on another application. The details could range from dates and months of employment to descriptions in a response to a C&F question. If I applied to several schools, the language that I used and information that I presented could differ.

Dbl posts are unnecessary.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:33 pm

I'd definitely be interested in the answer to this, though my concern is more from the perspective of any "Why X" essays I write. I mean, I'd certainly look stupid if I were to put "X is my top choice" and similar language on multiple apps and someone were able to see all of them.

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:38 pm

OP: I've just reported you to the ABA and to the American Law School Association.

Haha-just playing.

I think what you're doing is a BIG no no. Are you simply leaving off employment information for some applications and including it on others or are you just making stuff up?

In terms of "why x" essays, I wouldn't be worried.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”