LSAC Complete.......BUT only 1 LOR out of 2????

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
daburrel

LSAC Complete.......BUT only 1 LOR out of 2????

Postby daburrel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 pm

I have submitted applications today (only 3 of 10 I will) and out of the 3, 2 of them requested 2 LOR's (LSU & Barry) and NYLS (only 1). NYLS went complete as well as LSU. However, Barry did not go complete and it says "action required" and I received email about the issue.

The problem is, I have 2 LOR's on my account, 1 in which didn't process yet. I was told that even if it didn't process yet, if I assign the LOR to the school and submit application, once processed LSAC will send the LOR over to the school. Being that LSU went complete even though 2 LOR's are required will that still be the case or will they only get 1 LOR (the one that was processed) and deny me strictly because of not assigning 2 LOR's? With Barry, I can't go LSAC complete until I have both LOR's so if LSU require 2, why didn't LSAC wait to process my application like they did Barry or vice versa if the opposite is true?

ItsMyTimeBoston

Re: LSAC Complete.......BUT only 1 LOR out of 2????

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 pm

daburrel wrote:I have submitted applications today (only 3 of 10 I will) and out of the 3, 2 of them requested 2 LOR's (LSU & Barry) and NYLS (only 1). NYLS went complete as well as LSU. However, Barry did not go complete and it says "action required" and I received email about the issue.

The problem is, I have 2 LOR's on my account, 1 in which didn't process yet. I was told that even if it didn't process yet, if I assign the LOR to the school and submit application, once processed LSAC will send the LOR over to the school. Being that LSU went complete even though 2 LOR's are required will that still be the case or will they only get 1 LOR (the one that was processed) and deny me strictly because of not assigning 2 LOR's? With Barry, I can't go LSAC complete until I have both LOR's so if LSU require 2, why didn't LSAC wait to process my application like they did Barry or vice versa if the opposite is true?

I think you're just slightly confused about what it means to go complete.

Just because LSAC sent of a report containing your LSAC to Barry doesn't mean that you're complete at Barry. Some schools will not accept a LSAC report unless you have all of the required material. So, you are not truly complete at LSU, and will note be complete and your file will not be reviewed until they have both of your LORs even though they have accepted an initial LSAC report. Barry most likely doesn't even want LSAC to send them a report until your second LOR is received and so LSAC doesn't send them a report even though you have submitted an application. It all has to do with the individual law school's preference on if they accept LSAC reports that lack all the LORs or if they will take them one at a time. So don't worry.

daburrel

Postby daburrel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks so much. That's exactly what I was wondering.

Also, one last question....if I wanted to do a "Why LSU" and I didn't include it and the LSU app didn't go complete, is it possible to include it or is it too late?

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:54 pm

daburrel wrote:Thanks so much. That's exactly what I was wondering.

Also, one last question....if I wanted to do a "Why LSU" and I didn't include it and the LSU app didn't go complete, is it possible to include it or is it too late?

Anytime! It's too late to send it through LSAC, but I've submitted one by emailing the admission's office and attaching it to the email as a PDF (you could also submit a word document, but I prefer to print the Word doc as a PDF so it cannot be manipulated) document. Include you name and LSAC# in the email. They should have no problem adding it to your file.

Best of luck!

daburrel

Postby daburrel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:10 am

thanks I appreciate your help

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”