Hey guys I have a question regarding the Day division vs Eve Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
minster

New

Hey guys I have a question regarding the Day division vs Eve

Post by minster » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:12 pm

i come to realize that there are two diff. divisions; one for day and one for evening.
i also realized that evening division's deadline is 2 months later compared to day.
thus, since i haven't turned in my evening division app yet, i feel like i would have a better chance at being admitted to evening division, or am i wrong? (due to rollin admission nature)

btw what is diff btwn the two, is it just the time frame? and is it possible to switch from evening to day once i get in?

thanks!

bdubs

Gold

Re: Hey guys I have a question regarding the Day division vs Eve

Post by bdubs » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 am

Evening generally means a part time program, whereas day programs are full time. Some schools allow you to switch from PT to FT after a designated period (either a semester or a year) but only if you have good enough grades.

Even though the deadline is later it doesn't mean that the spots don't fill up, I would get your apps in ASAP.

Pleasye

Platinum

Re: Hey guys I have a question regarding the Day division vs Eve

Post by Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 am

bdubs wrote:Evening generally means a part time program, whereas day programs are full time. Some schools allow you to switch from PT to FT after a designated period (either a semester or a year) but only if you have good enough grades.

Even though the deadline is later it doesn't mean that the spots don't fill up, I would get your apps in ASAP.
This.

Part-time programs are a good idea if you need to work/need to take care of a family while you're in school. Part-time programs take 4 years to complete instead of 3.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”