If I've gone complete...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ahduth

If I've gone complete...

Postby ahduth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm

will registering for a February LSAT administration reopen my file?

mandaleni23

Re: If I've gone complete...

Postby mandaleni23 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Probably. But contact the schools to find out.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:51 pm

No. I could be wrong but I think the only way most schools know about future registrations is if you inform them. Unless LSAC has some registration list it emails to schools. I went complete and under review at several schools before my Dec10 score came back and didn't tell any of them.

Still ask.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Sandro777 wrote:No. I could be wrong but I think the only way most schools know about future registrations is if you inform them. Unless LSAC has some registration list it emails to schools.

This is wrong.

Schools will know automatically if you are signed up for a future LSAT. You may go complete or under review before they receive that future score...(so long as you have at least one reportable score, much in the same way you could go complete or under review before all of your LORs are in, so long as you have met their minimum number of LORs) but it's quite possible that when they "review" your file and see that you are signed up for february that they will hold it until they get that score.

The best thing you can do if you want your file reviewed and a decision rendered is to email them and request that they review your file without your February score. Nearly all schools will comply with this request (nearly all did for me). Some, like Notre Dame, have a policy of waiting if there is a pending score, no matter what you request.

Ask.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:30 pm

I would also say in general, it's just best to ask.

Schools are not bound to any set of rules when updating status checkers. They could keep you at "complete" or "under review" for weeks or months, but unless you're an adcomm at that particular school, you really have no idea what those updates really mean. Under review at one school could mean we are rendering a decision today while at another school it could mean we moved it from one stack to another, but didn't even look at it. Who knows? Ask.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”