Fall Semester Grades

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
UnbelievableForum23

Fall Semester Grades

Postby UnbelievableForum23 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Applied to around 16 schools (all in T20) -- accepted to 2 so far

I just got my fall semester grades. Should I update these schools with LOCI and my grades? Who do I email? What is the next step?

Thanks!

Kurt Cobain

Re: Fall Semester Grades

Postby Kurt Cobain » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:14 pm

UnbelievableForum23 wrote:Applied to around 16 schools (all in T20) -- accepted to 2 so far

I just got my fall semester grades. Should I update these schools with LOCI and my grades? Who do I email? What is the next step?

Thanks!

Do it if you improved your grades. All you have to do is print a new transcript request form, check the "updated transcript" box, and have the registrar"s office send the new transcript along with the form.

I actually have a question for what happens after this. Does LSAC automatically send these transcripts to every school I've applied to, or will I have to do something else?

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:15 pm

You would have been wise to have previously submitted a transcript request to your school so that it would already been on its way to LSAC which is where it needs to be sent. Moreover, you could try emailing a PDF print from your school's website and sending it via email to admission committees.

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Kurt Cobain wrote:
UnbelievableForum23 wrote:Applied to around 16 schools (all in T20) -- accepted to 2 so far

Thanks!

Do it if you improved your grades. All you have to do is print a new transcript request form, check the "updated transcript" box, and have the registrar"s office send the new transcript along with the form.

I actually have a question for what happens after this. Does LSAC automatically send these transcripts to every school I've applied to, or will I have to do something else?

Yes, LSAC will send updated reports to each school you have applied to. You may still want to inform admission offices because they have different schedules by which they receive updated LSAC reports. Some schools request that LSAC send updated reports immediately, while others get them weekly or bi-weekly.

UnbelievableForum23

Postby UnbelievableForum23 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 pm

OP: so, what should I email to the schools? Should I send an attachment (and then let them know Ill send an updated transcript when I get back on campus). My gpa went up a little. What should be the next step?

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm

You have excellent credentials, I wouldn't worry too much.

If your school has a website that lets you print a page showing your new grads and/or cumulative gpa, I would print it as a PDF and attach it to emails saying something like:

"Enclosed is a PDF containing my fall grades. Please note my cumulative GPA has increased from X to X. An updated LSAC report will be available shortly."

You should be able to send a transcript request to your school now rather than waiting until you get back to school. Of course, you will need to print, sign and include an "updated transcript request form" from your LSAC account.

UnbelievableForum23

Postby UnbelievableForum23 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:52 pm

so, I should just email admissions@XXXX.edu

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 pm

UnbelievableForum23 wrote:so, I should just email admissions@XXXX.edu

Yes. Unless you have more specific contact email addresses from application acknowledgment / status checker emails you've received from the schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”