Question regarding LOR not processed yet....

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
daburrel

Question regarding LOR not processed yet....

Postby daburrel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 pm

I have one of my LOR's not received on the LSAC site as of yet. My writer said she sent it in over a week or so ago. She is a Alumn of Loyola of New Orleans and I really don't want to have a issue where the most important LOR doesn't get processed with my Loyola App.

My question is this, I was able to assign the LOR to schools but being that it isn't processed in the system yet, can I send the App off today and the LOR will be sent over to the schools once received or do I need to wait until it gets processed?

daburrel

Re: Question regarding LOR not processed yet....

Postby daburrel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:02 pm

anyone with knowledge?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Did she fax or mail? Mail takes a while, and even fax can take several weeks due to their processing time.

I think you can submit and they will send it once it arrives if you've assigned it, but I am not sure so don't quote me on that. Call LSAC and ask, the will give you a definitive answer.

daburrel

Postby daburrel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:05 pm

She mailed it. My other LOR mailed and it was processed rather quickly.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:07 pm

daburrel wrote:She mailed it. My other LOR mailed and it was processed rather quickly.

They can take radically different times. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes it takes 3. Though the reason for this really escapes me.

bostonian

Postby bostonian » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Generally you can, although look at the school's guidelines. If you already have enough LORs attached to the app to meet the school's minimum they may start reviewing the application before the other letter gets there. In that case, you should probably contact the school and ask them to hold off on reviewing until that letter arrives. If you have the letter assigned to an application, LSAC will send it as soon as they are done processing it if you've already applied.
Another thing: LSAC can be really slow in processing letters sent by mail. If you have them faxed in they're usually done within a day though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”