Question about Application Holds Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
simonmulletxcore

New

Question about Application Holds

Post by simonmulletxcore » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:44 am

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if it's a really dumb question.

With my December score, I was thinking about applying to a few schools within my range that I'd be okay going to if I were accepted but am signed up for the June lsat because I feel I could do a lot better with a few more months of prep. Judging from that June score, I'd either hold off on going to law school for a year and apply next cycle or go to one of the schools I will be applying to (if I even get into any of them).

Would the fact that I'm signed up for the June lsat not allow my applications to go complete next week when I submit them? I'm very lost when it comes to these kinds of things and with how lsac and the schools work.

Thanks in advance :)

NorCalBruin

Silver

Re: Question about Application Holds

Post by NorCalBruin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:26 pm

It's best to call and/or email the school and just ask them. It's also best to email them and tell them that you want your application reviewed without your pending June score. Most will let you. Some have a policy (not always obvious) that they will not review an application if you're signed up for a future test unless you specifically ask them to review it anyway to. So it's in your interest to ask.

I was in a similar situation. I asked some schools to review my application with just my october score and without the december lsat (which at the time, I hadn't even taken it yet).

Some schools gladly obliged (for example Texas, USC, Cornell, Washington & Lee amongst others), but other schools refused (Michigan State, for one, I cant remember who else)... and some other schools replied asking if I was double triple sure I wanted to do this (like U. Wash).

So... yea... it depends on the school. But in my experience its best to ask, because not every school clearly posts their policy on this, but most will let you.

simonmulletxcore

New

Re: Question about Application Holds

Post by simonmulletxcore » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:It's best to call and/or email the school and just ask them. It's also best to email them and tell them that you want your application reviewed without your pending June score. Most will let you. Some have a policy (not always obvious) that they will not review an application if you're signed up for a future test unless you specifically ask them to review it anyway to. So it's in your interest to ask.

I was in a similar situation. I asked some schools to review my application with just my october score and without the december lsat (which at the time, I hadn't even taken it yet).

Some schools gladly obliged (for example Texas, USC, Cornell, Washington & Lee amongst others), but other schools refused (Michigan State, for one, I cant remember who else)... and some other schools replied asking if I was double triple sure I wanted to do this (like U. Wash).

So... yea... it depends on the school. But in my experience its best to ask, because not every school clearly posts their policy on this, but most will let you.
Thanks so much! I'll definitely just contact the schools directly about this then. :mrgreen:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”