LOR is in the mail... Apply now?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bless

LOR is in the mail... Apply now?

Postby Bless » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:29 am

With my numbers, I'm not a sure-shot for any of my top choices. A LOR from a retired 4-Star General (Air Force)/Senior Vice President of a $16B company was sent to LSAC a few days ago.

Should I apply now? Is it possible that I can apply and then attach the letter when LSAC processes it? Or am I better off waiting for the letter to be processed and then apply? Thanks.

Bless

Re: LOR is in the mail... Apply now?

Postby Bless » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:13 am

Up. Really looking for feedback, thanks.

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:56 am

Do not wait for the LOR. LSAC will update the schools you apply to when the LOR arrives.

(Unless the "retired 4-Star General (Air Force)/Senior Vice President of a $16B company" can descriptively, substantially and comparatively write about you, the LOR isn’t of much value)

Bless

Postby Bless » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 am

ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:Do not wait for the LOR. LSAC will update the schools you apply to when the LOR arrives.

(Unless the "retired 4-Star General (Air Force)/Senior Vice President of a $16B company" can descriptively, substantially and comparatively write about you, the LOR isn’t of much value)

Thanks. I'll submit today. And fortunately, he can (and did). I've known him my entire life.

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:04 am

Bless wrote:
ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:Do not wait for the LOR. LSAC will update the schools you apply to when the LOR arrives.

Thanks. I'll submit today. And fortunately, he can (and did). I've known him my entire life.

Fantastic! Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”