Addressing large LSAT increase with already submitted app

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jwmalone87

Addressing large LSAT increase with already submitted app

Postby jwmalone87 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:55 am

Hi all, sorry in advance if this has been addressed. Did some searches and came up empty.

I had an 8 point increase from June to December (now at a 166), and there are a few schools that recommend an addendum if there's a 5+ score increase. UC-Davis and USC are a couple examples. Davis in particular seems to stress this.

Is there a way I can address this if I've already submitted my app? Also, I don't know if the explanation I can give them is all that great -- all I really did was re-dedicate myself to the test as best I could. Worth worrying about?

birdlaw117

Re: Addressing large LSAT increase with already submitted app

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:25 am

jwmalone87 wrote:Hi all, sorry in advance if this has been addressed. Did some searches and came up empty.

I had an 8 point increase from June to December (now at a 166), and there are a few schools that recommend an addendum if there's a 5+ score increase. UC-Davis and USC are a couple examples. Davis in particular seems to stress this.

Is there a way I can address this if I've already submitted my app? Also, I don't know if the explanation I can give them is all that great -- all I really did was re-dedicate myself to the test as best I could. Worth worrying about?

I don't know what those schools want specifically, but most would probably want you to email them the addendum. A few places want all additional submissions via snail mail, but email is probably safe. Just email them and ask.

ahduth

Re: Addressing large LSAT increase with already submitted app

Postby ahduth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 am

Yeah just call them up and ask. They'll probably tell you to email an addendum to attach to your file. You kind of want to draw attention to this anyhow, since it's kind of a positive for your application. :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”