How many law school applications is too many?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
musselmla

How many law school applications is too many?

Postby musselmla » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 pm

I've finished pretty much all my law school applications, but have yet to send them in because I was waiting for the December score to come back today.

Some of the law schools I am applying to (like Fordham and American) are asking for a list of the other schools I am applying to.

With a 175/4.0, I'm planning on applying to many T14 schools and some others, and have right around 20 schools that I would like to send applications. Will my decision to apply to so many jeopardize my acceptance at the schools asking for a full list of other schools receiving applications?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

paulshortys10

Re: How many law school applications is too many?

Postby paulshortys10 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:59 pm

musselmla wrote:I've finished pretty much all my law school applications, but have yet to send them in because I was waiting for the December score to come back today.

Some of the law schools I am applying to (like Fordham and American) are asking for a list of the other schools I am applying to.

With a 175/4.0, I'm planning on applying to many T14 schools and some others, and have right around 20 schools that I would like to send applications. Will my decision to apply to so many jeopardize my acceptance at the schools asking for a full list of other schools receiving applications?

with that score you can get almost anywhere. why would you waste money applying to schools you're in 100% to?

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 pm

musselmla wrote:I've finished pretty much all my law school applications, but have yet to send them in because I was waiting for the December score to come back today.

Fordham and American aren't worth the $12 report fee for you, you will probably be YP'ed anyway.

canes

Postby canes » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 pm

With a 4.0/175 how seriously are you considering going to any schools outside of the T14 if not for geographic or family reasons/restrictions? Save the time and money and just apply to the T14.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”