Just received LSAT score

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
paulshortys10

Just received LSAT score

Postby paulshortys10 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 pm

I have a 3.43 GPA from UC Irvine, Im a URM, have 3 great LOR, a good PS and DS written. BUT i just got my score back- 154.. I totally bombed it. about 10 points under my pt average. what do you recommend.

1.apply to whatever schools I can right now. ( what schools could i possibly get into with this score?)

2.retake in feb(I'm so burned out though, and i took like 40+ PT's so i have not much to work with)

3.retake in June, wait a year and apply the 12' cycle. Get some work experience and save some money for law school. Study and try for a better retake score. The down side Is that i'm already 24, by the time i get in ill be 26, ill graduate at 29.. kinda old

sojuteacher

Re: Just received LSAT score

Postby sojuteacher » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:I have a 3.43 GPA from UC Irvine, Im a URM, have 3 great LOR, a good PS and DS written. BUT i just got my score back- 154.. I totally bombed it. about 10 points under my pt average. what do you recommend.

1.apply to whatever schools I can right now. ( what schools could i possibly get into with this score?)

2.retake in feb(I'm so burned out though, and i took like 40+ PT's so i have not much to work with)

3.retake in June, wait a year and apply the 12' cycle. Get some work experience and save some money for law school. Study and try for a better retake score. The down side Is that i'm already 24, by the time i get in ill be 26, ill graduate at 29.. kinda old

Retake retake retake --No question about it. whether its Feb or June. If you even get closer to your PTs by 5 more points you could get into such a better school.

fdr123

Postby fdr123 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:46 pm

what was the dec curve??

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 pm

fdr123 wrote:what was the dec curve??

-14 out of 102 q's

Just wondering. With my stats, what schools would I be looking at ?

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:I have a 3.43 GPA from UC Irvine, Im a URM, have 3 great LOR, a good PS and DS written. BUT i just got my score back- 154.. I totally bombed it. about 10 points under my pt average. what do you recommend.

Not even URM can save those stats. Retake it; you'll be glad you listened to me.

Study over a period of 3/4/heck, 5 months if you need to. Get familiar with the test. Take questions until your fingers bleed from scraping so hard against the pencil.

And then, get into law school. You can't save your GPA now, but your GPA is fine as far as getting in to A law school goes. Your LSAT, however, is not.

almightypush

Postby almightypush » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Helicio wrote:

Not even URM can save those stats. Retake it; you'll be glad you listened to me.

TITCR

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:07 pm

maybe you are just stupid; more evidence, you posted the same thing twice.....

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 pm

sophia.olive wrote:

lol k thanks for your help.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 am

apply this cycle, see what happens, but study and retake in June anyway. I wish I was URM, dont waste it. I am Cuban which apparently doesn't get a boost which is whack. However, you only took the test once bro. I took the shit twice and scored lower this time (163,161). Don't sweat it, brush yourself off, apply, see what happens and retake in June.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 am

paulshortys10 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:

lol k thanks for your help.

No need for that person to be mean. Good luck, man!

bigwillie

Postby bigwillie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 am

Apply to UVA ED.... oh, sorry, I mean retake.

acadec

Postby acadec » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 am

sojuteacher wrote:

Retake retake retake --No question about it. whether its Feb or June. If you even get closer to your PTs by 5 more points you could get into such a better school.

TITCR

Also, sick avatar.

deckid28

Postby deckid28 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:34 am

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm honestly considering just waiting it out for another cycle and retaking in June instead of Feb. The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that if I take it in June, I can get a head start on apps and submit it for ED.
Sighs. Good luck!

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:36 am

bigwillie wrote:Apply to UVA ED.... oh, sorry, I mean retake.

fail.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:53 am

I'll trade your URM status for my lowest score.... that's a win, win.

Oh yea and retake. You know why Jesus got crucified? He didn't retake... and that's also the real reason for the Holocaust.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Hey Pauly...didnt know you were an Ant Eater too...I graduated from UCI last june. Sorry to hear about your score...I know this isnt what you want to hear, but retake in June and apply ED to your top school next cycle. With that LSAT, your throwing your GPA away. Get some work experience in and buff up your App...the FEB test is too late anyway so you might as well kill June and wait a year. A 154 doesnt even put you at good standing with Chapman (although your GPA would get you in w/o scholly) but when you start hitting schools below USD and Loyola (in So Cal at least) your prospects for employment in our saturated market get pretty rough. I know people who went to Chapman Law and are having problems finding good work...and even for graduates of Loyola it isnt easy. Your GPA is solid, so match it with a Solid LSAT score...if your score was your PT (164?) you would be a shoo-in for Loyola and San Diego, possibly Hastings and even breaking into some higher ranked schools. Good luck mate, ZOT

Shaggier1

Postby Shaggier1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:05 pm

For the love of god retake. Waiting a year will be well worth it.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:13 pm

retake for SURE. no question about it.

off topic: haaaaaaaaaaaaay uci! (me too)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”