Withdrawing applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
applepiecrust

Withdrawing applications

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:15 pm

This might be an incredibly stupid question but how does one withdraw applications? Just send an email saying you want to withdraw the application?
Do you need to give any details?

Also, after a binding ED decision, do you also need to withdraw from other schools that already accepted you?

shanemahsa

Re: Withdrawing applications

Postby shanemahsa » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 pm

applepiecrust wrote:This might be an incredibly stupid question but how does one withdraw applications? Just send an email saying you want to withdraw the application?

Also, after a binding ED decision, do you also need to withdraw from other schools that already accepted you?

Yes; details are not required. Yes (assuming the ED decision was an acceptance).

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 pm

There are actually lots of threads on this if you search the forum.

Some people like to send an elaborate email, others just one sentence. Really anything will do as long as it's clear you're withdrawing.

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:46 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:There are actually lots of threads on this if you search the forum.

Some people like to send an elaborate email, others just one sentence. Really anything will do as long as it's clear you're withdrawing.

If I were you, I'd send them something like this:

Dear Law School,

Thank you for accepting me to your Law School. We are very happy to have received your offer of admission. Your acceptance is complete, and we will notify you of our decision as soon as possible.

We understand that this is a very stressful and exciting time for you. You may check on the status of your acceptance by going here:

aces.applepiecrust.542q90/fdajlkjr43q%q90fa890[dsa9r4.com/

Username: Lawsch0432
Password: FD23HPO2

We ask that instead of contacting our acceptance office, you please use this website to monitor the status of your acceptance.

Thank you very much,

Apple Pie Crust

JaLeCa

Postby JaLeCa » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 pm

NZA wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:There are actually lots of threads on this if you search the forum.

Dear Law School,

Thank you for accepting me to your Law School. We are very happy to have received your offer of admission. Your acceptance is complete, and we will notify you of our decision as soon as possible.

We understand that this is a very stressful and exciting time for you. You may check on the status of your acceptance by going here:

We ask that instead of contacting our acceptance office, you please use this website to monitor the status of your acceptance.

Thank you very much,

Apple Pie Crust

Hilarity. *snort laugh*

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 pm

NZA wrote:

Dear Law School,

Thank you very much,

Apple Pie Crust

Awesome.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:34 pm

NZA wrote:

Dear Law School,

Thank you very much,

Apple Pie Crust

Respect, NZA.
Between this and your fantastic stalking skills, I'm not sure what law schools are thinking by not rushing to send you acceptance letters!

P.S. Thanks, everyone.

dcwumpus

Postby dcwumpus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:44 pm

NZA wrote:

Dear Law School,

Thank you very much,

Apple Pie Crust

This is the greatest thing I've ever read. Don't forget to constantly swap their status out with ambiguous and seemingly random "updates" and change the completion date from time to time.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 pm

applepiecrust wrote:This might be an incredibly stupid question but how does one withdraw applications? Just send an email saying you want to withdraw the application?

You give way too much thought to how you should withdraw when you need to just do it. At this rate, you'll be a dad before law school's out.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Drake014 wrote:

You give way too much thought to how you should withdraw when you need to just do it. At this rate, you'll be a dad before law school's out.

Meh, I liked your first version better. It opened you up to more jokes about GTown and slow-witted children...

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Drake014 wrote:

Meh, I liked your first version better. It opened you up to more jokes about GTown and slow-witted children...

yeah, but I felt I was being hard on the OP.

Edit: I'm such a bleeding heart.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:04 am

Drake014 wrote:

I liked your first version better too :p

Though my being a dad would take some serious miracles, so I'd be interested in seeing that happen!

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:51 am

+1. The only caveat is, if you applied to Harvard, they want a snail mail withdrawal. I'm pretty sure most other schools will take email. Also,

NZA wrote:

Dear Law School,

Thank you very much,

Apple Pie Crust

:lol:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”