Addendum Needed?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tarakit

Addendum Needed?

Postby tarakit » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:43 pm

I got a 163 in Oct and 169 in Dec. My PT avg was a 173, so the 169 is at least close to a range I was expecting. The 163 was a disaster (recovering from being sick, too much coffee, etc.), but I do not want to be one of those people that sends unnecessary addendums. I am not planning on sending anything to schools that take the highest score, but I am asking for Vanderbilt mainly because they say they take a "holistic" view of scores. This is close to what I would send:

"I was ill during the October test, which affected my ability to concentrate, resulting in a lower score than I had expected. I retook the test in December in full health and received a much higher score of 169. I believe that this higher score is more representative of my abilities."

In summary: Do I need an addendum? If so, is this adequate?

bk1

Re: Addendum Needed?

Postby bk1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:47 pm

All schools say that they are holistic. Usually what they mean by holistic is 95% highest LSAT and LSAC GPA, 5% everything else.

tarakit

Postby tarakit » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:49 pm

No, the say they are holistic about multiple LSATs. They say they do not automatically look at the higher score, though what I have found on TLS is that they normally do.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:50 pm

tarakit wrote:No, the say they are holistic about multiple LSATs. They say they do not automatically look at the higher score, though what I have found on TLS is that they normally do.

Then if you were legitimately sick at the time of the first LSAT I would put that, short and sweet. If not, I'd just let it be.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”