fee waivers? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
henry flower

Bronze

fee waivers?

Post by henry flower » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:34 pm

I just got back my dec score (177!), but I haven't gotten any fee waivers yet? when do they usually come? I signed up for CRS, but I didn't fill out all of the info... do you need to fill it out to maximize your waivers, or does it matter?

berto24

New

Re: fee waivers?

Post by berto24 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Good job. I send an email to all the schools I'm applying to and simply asked for a fee waiver. Received 10 out of 12

berto24

New

Post by berto24 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:00 pm

sent*

jwaters

Bronze

Post by jwaters » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 pm

henry flower wrote:I just got back my dec score (177!), but I haven't gotten any fee waivers yet? when do they usually come? I signed up for CRS, but I didn't fill out all of the info... do you need to fill it out to maximize your waivers, or does it matter?
Congrats on your great score. They will more than likely start coming tomorrow morning or Monday.

ams

New

Post by ams » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Yeah, they should start coming soon, and you can call or email to ask. FWIW, the ones I didn't get fee waivers at were Boalt, UT, Chicago, and Columbia (and of course HYS) even after calling and asking (I have a similar score and 4.0+, but I did have a previous lower score on file).

Chicago told me that they do not honor requests for fee waivers, they will just send them out by email but they couldn't tell me when they would send them out or if my score/GPA made me eligible for one. If I remember correctly, Columbia also said they didn't know if I would qualify. Boalt only gives need-based, and UT said that you had to submit a paper fee waiver application that was due November 1. There is also a handy thread about hidden fee waivers you might want to check out.

I'm guessing you're not eligible for an LSAC fee waiver; if you are you should have the fee waived pretty much everywhere.

And Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”