At Where Am I Looking?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
VictrixRapax
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm

At Where Am I Looking?

Postby VictrixRapax » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:54 pm

3.8 GPA
175 LSAT

Won't list my undergrad; heard it doesn't matter.

Any ECs that would help me get into Harvard/Yale type?

Thanks.

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:09 pm

You're competitive everywhere.
1+ year of WE would help with Harvard, but it's not absolutely necessary. Yale and Stanford tend to be black boxes, so you never know. Just submit the best application you can to both of them and hope for the best.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 pm

VictrixRapax wrote:3.8 GPA
175 LSAT

Won't list my undergrad; heard it doesn't matter.

Any ECs that would help me get into Harvard/Yale type?

Thanks.


ECs?

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby glitter178 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 pm

ahduth wrote:
VictrixRapax wrote:3.8 GPA
175 LSAT

Won't list my undergrad; heard it doesn't matter.

Any ECs that would help me get into Harvard/Yale type?

Thanks.


ECs?


extracurriculars?

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby ATR » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 pm

glitter178 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
VictrixRapax wrote:3.8 GPA
175 LSAT

Won't list my undergrad; heard it doesn't matter.

Any ECs that would help me get into Harvard/Yale type?

Thanks.


ECs?


extracurriculars?

Pretty sure (s)he was asking what OP's ECs are.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:22 pm

glitter178 wrote:extracurriculars?


Ahh...

The usual stuff. Rhodes, Fulbright, etc. Otherwise get a bunch of work experience.

Why not list the undergrad? I mean... we don't care, the law schools don't care, but now that you've brought it up... University of Phoenix?

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:23 pm

atresia wrote:Pretty sure (s)he was asking what OP's ECs are.


Naw I wasn't sure what the acronym was for.

User avatar
VictrixRapax
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby VictrixRapax » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:You're competitive everywhere.
1+ year of WE would help with Harvard, but it's not absolutely necessary. Yale and Stanford tend to be black boxes, so you never know. Just submit the best application you can to both of them and hope for the best.

Nevermind.

User avatar
VictrixRapax
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby VictrixRapax » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:29 pm

ahduth wrote:
glitter178 wrote:extracurriculars?

Rhodes, Fulbright, etc. Otherwise get a bunch of work experience.


Haha; none of that. I'm not an athlete (Rhodes), nor have I ever left the good ole US of A (Fulbright).

I'm involved with a few student organizations.

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby ATR » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:30 pm

ahduth wrote:
atresia wrote:Pretty sure (s)he was asking what OP's ECs are.


Naw I wasn't sure what the acronym was for.

Well then.

My guesses:

YS - ?
H, maybe B - probably in
Everywhere else - in

User avatar
VictrixRapax
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby VictrixRapax » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Could you guys tell me how I look for the following? (percentage-wise, perhaps?)

I really want one of these four (in order of preference):

Harvard
Yale
Columbia
Stanford.

Thanks, guys. Have a great night.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:33 pm

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

Have fun.

Edit: I'm not sure whether I found Harvard in front of Yale or Columbia in front of Stanford more... intriguing...

InLikeFlint
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: At Where Am I Looking?

Postby InLikeFlint » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:36 pm

VictrixRapax wrote:Could you guys tell me how I look for the following? (percentage-wise, perhaps?)

I really want one of these four (in order of preference):

Harvard IDK, man, check out this website: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/
Yale IDK, man, check out this website: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/
Columbia IDK, man, check out this website: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/
Stanford. IDK, man, check out this website: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/

Thanks, guys. Have a great night. you're welcome




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kugs, whsy and 3 guests