since I am so late, am I screwed?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
swtlilsoni

since I am so late, am I screwed?

Postby swtlilsoni » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm

I am a borderline applicant to the schools I'm aiming at (good LSAT but GPA sucks). I'm not a sure in, but I have low chances. I know that the longer you wait the less of a chance you have. I'm submitting my apps in this week so I know my chances aren't as high as they would have been had I submitted them last year. But my question is by how much have they decreased? Am I really screwed now that I'm so late? Or is the difference marginal? I'm starting to lose hope.

bk1

Re: since I am so late, am I screwed?

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Hard to tell. It sucks that you've gotten your apps in (only a bit late actually), but I doubt the damage is significant. You can't really change the situation so no need to worry about it.

veragood

Postby veragood » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Why have you waited so long to apply? I didn't apply until this week, but that's because I've been waiting on the Dec. LSAT score to be released. For me, the harm from losing the advantage of rolling admissions was more than countered by the opportunity to improve my LSAT. Plus, since I'm EDing to my #1 choice, losing rolling there won't sting.

Basically, you're less screwed if you had a reason for delaying your apps, and weren't just lazy.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:18 pm

veragood wrote:Basically, you're less screwed if you had a reason for delaying your apps, and weren't just lazy.

Why would the reason behind the submissions timing impact how screwed they are?

neyaae

Postby neyaae » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 pm

just apply and don't worry about it. If you don't like the results, wait until next year. It's not the end of the world.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”