Job Title: Team Advisor for the National Student Leadership Conference on Law and Advocacy
Washington, D.C.: American University
June 17 – June 26
July 1 – July 10
July 15 – July 24
Chicago, IL: University of Chicago
July 22 – July 31
August 5 - August 14
Team Advisor (TA) Job Description:
Team Advisors guide students through their NSLC experience. Each TA is responsible for a small group of 12-16 students. TAs generally work either half or whole summers (to review this year's dates, please visitwww.nslcleaders.org/dates-and-locations.html).
As a TA, you will:
• Lead small group discussions and debriefings
• Teach academic and leadership sessions
• Assist Administrative staff, Professors and Leadership Facilitators with program components
• Serve as a chaperone during off-campus trips and evening social activities
• Reside in the dormitory on the same floors as students, serving as a Resident Advisor
Qualifications: Before applying to be a Team Advisor, please note:
• Team Advisors are generally current college sophomores – seniors. Current freshman are generally considered for one of our Intern positions.
• Applicants should be familiar with all program specific information posted on this site.
• NSLC has a primary focus on leadership development. Applicants should have leadership experience and/or training.
• Our programs include TA-led sessions that require appropriate educational backgrounds and work/volunteer/intern experience.
Compensation: In addition to room, board and travel, TAs receive a stipend at the end of each session.
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: MrAdultman and 2 guests