Sorry-but I need to vent. TIRED OF WAITING :(

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
traehekat

Re: Sorry-but I need to vent. TIRED OF WAITING :(

Postby traehekat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Very normal feeling, trust me. It seems like you spend every waking minute of your life thinking about LSAT prep, applications, etc. and then once you get everything submitted all you do is sit around checking your email and status checkers all day.

My advice? Enjoy that time you have (and the summer before school). Once law school starts you will miss being able to just relax and not worry about much. Even when you ARE relaxing in law school, you still kind of have a cloud of guilt hanging over your head like you should be doing something (cause there is ALWAYS something you could be doing). So yeah, just relax and go have some fun.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:56 pm

+1

the worst part is going from lsat prep and application mode full foce to waiting and trying not to think about the future. Especially since the group of friends that I am living with are job searching throuhout the entire usa ( from cali to nyc down to texas- they leave as soon as they get an offer, and 3 of them are on second and third interviews) its been strange knowing that the fun phase of iife as i currently know it has a definate expiration date, and most likely will be before law school. But that is life, and its going to be fun and a fantastic adventure wherever we all end up.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 am

Any of you ever feel like it'd be better to still be waiting, as opposed to receiving rejection notices...? :|

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:01 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:Any of you ever feel like it'd be better to still be waiting, as opposed to receiving rejection notices...? :|

No, I got my first rejection yesterday and it actually felt like relief.....it had been hanging in limbo for 3 months and I was just kind of over it because I knew I would get dinged at that point.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Well, if it's going to be a rejection regardless, I'd love to have it to plan out visits/list/etc. but, I'd rather be waiting on them to take longer to decide... especially if there's a chance I could be in with further review!

Wait wait waiting. I'm trying to stay away from the school applicant threads because seeing people getting in with later complete dates is frustrating.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:31 pm

krad wrote:Well, if it's going to be a rejection regardless, I'd love to have it to plan out visits/list/etc. but, I'd rather be waiting on them to take longer to decide... especially if there's a chance I could be in with further review!

Wait wait waiting. I'm trying to stay away from the school applicant threads because seeing people getting in with later complete dates is frustrating.

This.

On Numbers too.

I have to admit to agree with the above poster as well, I wasn't heart broken with my first/nor 2nd rejections. I kindda planned for those to be rejections anyways. I wonder how it will feel when I get the rejection from the planned "accepted" schools. Probably not so accepting for me.

Meh-I thought of this thread when I opened my first rejection. I was like "I guess waiting isn't as bad as this..." :roll: . But in retrospect, it really isn't that bad guys... 8)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”