Sorry-but I need to vent. TIRED OF WAITING :(

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TOMaHULK

Sorry-but I need to vent. TIRED OF WAITING :(

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Everyday it's the same thing - I log into my email and go to each school's status checker.

Everyday day it's the same result - Nothing has changed on the status's since last time.

It's driving me nuts and I can't take it much longer. :oops:

BTW-Does anyone feels like they've kindda falling out of the LS mindset since sending out their apps? I mean you go from LSAT prep, to LSAT score, to PS and app prep, to apps. And then, nothing. You wait... :cry:

Again, sorry for the vent, just had to get that off of my chest.

paulinaporizkova

Re: Sorry-but I need to vent. TIRED OF WAITING :(

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

I applied to 10 schools in September/October and I've only heard back from 5 (this number includes 3 that I applied to in October, the only October apps I sent of the group) so I'm waiting on 5 schools I applied to 4 months ago. Needless to say, I'm counting on getting 100% waitlist or ding on the schools I haven't heard from because they were all reaches. Sorry if this is a dream crushing response. And yes, I agree that it sucks. Why can't schools just send WL/dings out at the same time as acceptances so people can get on with their lives?

vertex

Postby vertex » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:24 pm

If you're that tired of waiting, you could always retake.

Or ED to UVa.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 pm

a lot of schools dont start reviewing applications until december. Some wont release decisions until mid january. it sucks waiting, but remember this is TLS, where your application is thought to be late if you sent it in around christmas. While a lot of schools do have rolling admissions, so you can send applications in early, some wont send out decisions until after a certain date. I think schools will let you know of their decision via email or snail mail as well, so watch your mailbox and check your status once a week.

Waiting sucks, but in the meantime, start narrowing down your list of schools and ranking them accordingly. Get your financial aid information ready to go ( you can list up to 10 schools on your fasfa form). That way once you get the final decision, you will be able to compare the schools. Sure you will have to adjust your rankings for scholarship consideration, but if they are peer schools, and all else being equal, i would go to whatever school offers you the most that is in the region you want.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Don't expect to hearing anything until the spring.

Get off TLS if you have to, just stop thinking about law school. You'll feel better and the time will go by quicker.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:32 pm

northwood wrote:a lot of schools dont start reviewing applications until december. Some wont release decisions until mid january. it sucks waiting, but remember this is TLS, where your application is thought to be late if you sent it in around christmas. While a lot of schools do have rolling admissions, so you can send applications in early, some wont send out decisions until after a certain date. I think schools will let you know of their decision via email or snail mail as well, so watch your mailbox and check your status once a week.

Waiting sucks, but in the meantime, start narrowing down your list of schools and ranking them accordingly. Get your financial aid information ready to go ( you can list up to 10 schools on your fasfa form). That way once you get the final decision, you will be able to compare the schools. Sure you will have to adjust your rankings for scholarship consideration, but if they are peer schools, and all else being equal, i would go to whatever school offers you the most that is in the region you want.

I know that this is true. In fact a lot of people I know haven't applied to certain schools yet. Schools that they'll most likely get in to. TLS is way ahead of the curve. I'm just saying that it seems like things just kindda fizzled out a bit in early December. But it's true to a lot of school don't really do much until the new year. I might actually take this time to really look at schools that I might be interested in applying to, and send over an app. Maybe I didn't give them enough consideration the first time and I should take another look, etc.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:33 pm

bk1 wrote:Don't expect to hearing anything until the spring.

Get off TLS if you have to, just stop thinking about law school. You'll feel better and the time will go by quicker.

Really? You don't think we'll hear from a lot of schools until spring?

krad

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:36 pm

I feel yall... I'm trying to avoid my status checkers and the USPS guys and just not think about it. FT work is a nice (if lame) distraction.

At least now when I do occasionally creep, I know not to expect much from the status checkers and the mail guys know why I'm stalking them/ they try not to get too excited with me ha.

Spend some time in the Lounge :)

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:36 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:Really? You don't think we'll hear from a lot of schools until spring?

No, but that mindset will make it easier to deal with. Keep in mind that the waiting game goes up until the first day of classes if you end up on waitlists so any of us could be in for another 6+ months of waiting. Not to mention that OCI, the bar, etc, etc, will all be other waitingfests.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:43 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:I applied to 10 schools in September/October and I've only heard back from 5 (this number includes 3 that I applied to in October, the only October apps I sent of the group) so I'm waiting on 5 schools I applied to 4 months ago. Needless to say, I'm counting on getting 100% waitlist or ding on the schools I haven't heard from because they were all reaches. Sorry if this is a dream crushing response. And yes, I agree that it sucks. Why can't schools just send WL/dings out at the same time as acceptances so people can get on with their lives?

The picture in your AVI looks very familiar. Where is that from? Are you a member of another forum where you asked people to help you photoshop that pic for a school project you were working on?

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:46 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:I applied to 10 schools in September/October and I've only heard back from 5 (this number includes 3 that I applied to in October, the only October apps I sent of the group) so I'm waiting on 5 schools I applied to 4 months ago. Needless to say, I'm counting on getting 100% waitlist or ding on the schools I haven't heard from because they were all reaches. Sorry if this is a dream crushing response. And yes, I agree that it sucks. Why can't schools just send WL/dings out at the same time as acceptances so people can get on with their lives?

The picture in your AVI looks very familiar. Where is that from? Are you a member of another forum where you asked people to help you photoshop that pic for a school project you were working on?

hmmm....nope. it's a banksy street art pic (although asking people in a message board to help me do a computer task that anyone my age who grew up in the techno gen should know how to do sounds like something i would do....so maybe it's my long lost twin....?)

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:17 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:

hmmm....nope. it's a banksy street art pic (although asking people in a message board to help me do a computer task that anyone my age who grew up in the techno gen should know how to do sounds like something i would do....so maybe it's my long lost twin....?)

Yeah, I guess the guy was trying to put that child and balloon on several different pictures that he took of the areas surrounding his community. For a project or something...Meh...

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:18 am

bk1 wrote:Don't expect to hearing anything until the spring.

This. For example, only because of TLS do I know that my batch of applications should be receiving acceptances (if they are acceptances) around now from Michigan, among other schools. But on the other hand, it's also because of TLS I know that it's completely normal not to hear anything from UCLA or GW until a decision has been reached.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:30 am

TOMaHULK wrote:Everyday it's the same thing - I log into my email and go to each school's status checker.

Everyday day it's the same result - Nothing has changed on the status's since last time.

It's driving me nuts and I can't take it much longer. :oops:

BTW-Does anyone feels like they've kindda falling out of the LS mindset since sending out their apps? I mean you go from LSAT prep, to LSAT score, to PS and app prep, to apps. And then, nothing. You wait... :cry:

Again, sorry for the vent, just had to get that off of my chest.

Wait until you actually get to law school and are waiting on your grades. The worse part is that you have an idea of which law schools you are going to get into. With grades its totally fucking random.

lawschool12345

Postby lawschool12345 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:29 am

some status checkers as of today are stating when the schools will start releasing the dates, if that helps

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 am

Umm deal with it.. We're all in the same position but starting a new thread, cluttering up the forum with bullshit and telling us what we already know is kinda pointless

/thread

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Wait til you're waiting for your grades. Your frustration will increase by many orders of magnitude.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:Umm deal with it.. We're all in the same position but starting a new thread, cluttering up the forum with bullshit and telling us what we already know is kinda pointless

/thread

You shut your damn'd mouth.

The forums are for us to talk. I can post a thread if I want to. If you were really concerned with cluttering the forum, you could have moved along instead of posting your flame comment on this thread. :x

/your rant

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:26 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
2Serious4Numbers wrote:Umm deal with it.. We're all in the same position but starting a new thread, cluttering up the forum with bullshit and telling us what we already know is kinda pointless

/thread

You shut your damn'd mouth.

The forums are for us to talk. I can post a thread if I want to. If you were really concerned with cluttering the forum, you could have moved along instead of posting your flame comment on this thread. :x

/your rant

:shock:
:lol:

krad

Postby krad » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:28 pm

lulzzzz honestly, tt kept popping up in my view your posts and I was just waiting for someone to catch 2serious's comment :D

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:32 pm

/thread

I can't tell if this guy, or the OP, is more angry. I kind of think it's this guy actually. The OP is doing a pretty good job at venting his frustration.

Whereas this guy... you can feel the frustration just building up within him. One of these days he's going to go postal on some poor postal worker, who just happens to be carrying a rejection letter for him. :?

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:39 pm

ahduth wrote:

/thread

I can't tell if this guy, or the OP, is more angry. I kind of think it's this guy actually. The OP is doing a pretty good job at venting his frustration.

Whereas this guy... you can feel the frustration just building up within him. One of these days he's going to go postal on some poor postal worker, who just happens to be carrying a rejection letter for him. :?

:lol:

I just made this thread to help myself vent a little bit. That comment seriously pissed me off. Just calmly stating my thoughts and he/she had to come in here and say something that's completely uncalled for. "Cluttering the forum..." have you seen some of the stupid threads on here? But hell...that's what it's for, to discuss our issues/concerns.

Did he honestly think I wouldn't say something to that post? Unneeded/unwanted/and un called for. Tis all... :mrgreen:

aas911

Postby aas911 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm

AaaGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHpIkp0FdAs

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

aas911 wrote:AaaGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHpIkp0FdAs

Exactly. :shock:

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:48 pm

you know what really sucks? I taake it you cant read my mind, so ill post it. Seeing people post a decision on a admissions waiting thread to the same school you applied- then hurridly checking both your email and status checker ( at the same time on two different internet explorer pages) only to find out that a decision hasnt been made on you yet. Its a big rush, only to find out its all for not. Rise and repeat a few times in a day, and it starts getting old fast. I would love to say that im just going to wait for my emails and snail mail, and im still telling myself that its going to be a while, but it still sucks knowing that they have released a batch of decisions, and yours isnt out yet, even though you went under review the same time, or even before that poster who did get one ( i dont care if its a rejection, just let me know)

thanks for the venting. now back to your current program

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”