LOR, Work Experience Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
elibrarian

LOR, Work Experience Question

Postby elibrarian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:32 am

This is coming a bit early as I won't be applying until next cycle but figured I'd ask now anyway. Apologies if this has been asked before.

I went to a very large private UG where I connected well with only one professor. I understand the best case scenario would be 2 LORs from professors and 1 from an employer but is it at all detrimental to submit 1 LOR from each? I will be two years out of UG when applying next cycle and am currently employed at a well respected law firm, if that matters.

Also, does nature of work experience play any sort of role? For example, will my experience as a legal assistant fair better than say, someone with experience as a waitress?

Thank you and best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!

krad

Re: LOR, Work Experience Question

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

elibrarian wrote:This is coming a bit early as I won't be applying until next cycle but figured I'd ask now anyway. Apologies if this has been asked before.

I went to a very large private UG where I connected well with only one professor. I understand the best case scenario would be 2 LORs from professors and 1 from an employer but is it at all detrimental to submit 1 LOR from each? I will be two years out of UG when applying next cycle and am currently employed at a well respected law firm, if that matters.

Also, does nature of work experience play any sort of role? For example, will my experience as a legal assistant fair better than say, someone with experience as a waitress?

Thank you and best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!

I sent one academic and one professional as I'm 3 years out of UG and one of my profs had retired in those 3 years. So far one decision this cycle and it's an acceptance so I think you'd be fine. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”