Common Application Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LS-boundNYC

Common Application Question

Postby LS-boundNYC » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:30 am

Hi, all - I'm stumped on how to resolve a problem I'm having with the application. Where the common app asks for undergrad major info, mine isn't listed. My major is "Politics, Philosophy, and Economics," and even those three disciplines aren't in the same categories on the app. Any thoughts on what I should do?

NonTradHealthLaw

Re: Common Application Question

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:33 am

Common app doesn't really matter - more a convenience form for autopopulating multiple applications. Leave it blank and fill that space in manually for each individual school's application. It'd likely come across skewed anyway

LS-boundNYC

Postby LS-boundNYC » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:29 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:Common app doesn't really matter - more a convenience form for autopopulating multiple applications. Leave it blank and fill that space in manually for each individual school's application. It'd likely come across skewed anyway

Hmm...that makes sense. The other problem is that since it's such a long name for a major, it doesn't fit on some application forms. (Fordham, for instance.)

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Dont even use the Common app besides name. It screws it up and you end up having to re type it all anyways.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”