Can anyone answer this question?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
girlonfire

Bronze

Can anyone answer this question??

Post by girlonfire » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 pm

I've looked all over the site and can't find an answer to this relatively straight forward question:

Do I need an addendum just to tell LS's that I had flu and thus was absent for the Dec LSAT, or is it a waste of application space because they don't really care about absences??

(I took the LSAT in Oct, registered to retake in Dec, but was absent in Dec because of flu.)

Can anyone help?
Thanks!!!

:D

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Re: Can anyone answer this question??

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:13 pm

I would say it depends on the school(s) you're applying to. Some schools seem like they would not care about those things, whereas others do. Research around and see if your schools care about absences or not, and if they do, then attach a brief addendum (probably a couple sentences at most would suffice in this situation). I would also say that if your Oct. score is good, then it might not even be necessary at all to do an addendum. Sorry for this inconclusive answer... But that's my two cents.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:33 pm

I think you should include one. Otherwise it might make you look flakey or unsure of whether you really want to go to law school.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 pm

i think you should tell them, even if it's via a brief email to the admissions dept. - from the knowledge i've acquired in my (24) extensive years on this earth, i think that full disclosure is the best way to go!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”