Does LSAC Know All the Schools You Went To?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
headache

New

Does LSAC Know All the Schools You Went To??

Post by headache » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 pm

OK, I'm confused. Does the LSAC's Credential Assembly Service search your name against all U.S. colleges to see if there's a student record for you? Or do they just rely on the transcripts which you already submitted?

I know you're REQUIRED to send ALL transcripts, but my bro says that the LSAC has no way of knowing -- UNLESS YOU REPORT IT -- if you took non-degree college courses in HS that aren't even on your transcript?

(I told him that they would find out, but then I realized IDK if they actually search your name to verify that you weren't enrolled somewhere you didn't mention.)

Help me win this argument?

glitter178

Silver

Re: Does LSAC Know All the Schools You Went To??

Post by glitter178 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 pm

headache wrote:OK, I'm confused. Does the LSAC's Credential Assembly Service search your name against all U.S. colleges to see if there's a student record for you? Or do they just rely on the transcripts which you already submitted?

I know you're REQUIRED to send ALL transcripts, but my bro says that the LSAC has no way of knowing -- UNLESS YOU REPORT IT -- if you took non-degree college courses in HS that aren't even on your transcript?

(I told him that they would find out, but then I realized IDK if they actually search your name to verify that you weren't enrolled somewhere you didn't mention.)

Help me win this argument?
It's not an issue of whether or not LSAC finds out. It's that C & F WILL find out, and see that you lied, and then you're in deep shit.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:58 pm

What's the transcript submission policy for professional development courses taken (long) after your undergraduate degree is complete? I'm in the military, and I took four courses from the Naval War College in order to receive my Joint Professional Military Education Level I certification. The NWC is an accredited institution of higher learning, but I don't think they grant actual degrees, just certifications.

I'd be listing the certification on my resume, but I don't know if I need to submit the transcripts to LSAC. The LSAC site says "you must have a separate transcript sent to LSAC directly from each undergraduate and graduate institution you attended in the United States", but I don't know if the NWC would qualify as a "graduate institution".

headache

New

Post by headache » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 pm

What is C & F?

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:03 pm

headache wrote:What is C & F?
first explanation I could find in 2 seconds: --LinkRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”