Leaving the country- notify admissions? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cmk

New

Leaving the country- notify admissions?

Post by cmk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:09 pm

I am heading to South America in a few weeks and will be there until April 1st. I have so far only received admissions decisions from 2 of the 15 schools I've applied to. Should I inform all the other admissions offices that I will be out of the country? I'm going to a pretty remote area (no phone access), but I should be able to check my email at least once a week at an internet cafe in a nearby town to where I'm staying. My mom has already agreed to be on top of all postal correspondence from schools and email me with any updates. Thoughts?

Thanks!

bk1

Diamond

Re: Leaving the country- notify admissions?

Post by bk1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Why would you need to tell them if you are already checking your email weekly and your mother is checking your mail?

cmk

New

Post by cmk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Don't some schools contact applicants via telephone? I just don't want any problems if an admissions office tries to call my cell phone and gets the extended absence "I'm out of the country" greeting. Or am I completely off base and it wouldn't even matter?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:19 pm

cmk wrote:Don't some schools contact applicants via telephone? I just don't want any problems if an admissions office tries to call my cell phone and gets the extended absence "I'm out of the country" greeting. Or am I completely off base and it wouldn't even matter?
It won't matter. They aren't going to revoke your acceptance just because your phone doesn't work for a little while.

If you really are paranoid about it, email the admissions offices and tell them you won't be available by phone until April, but there is no need to.

cmk

New

Post by cmk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:31 pm

That's what I figured. Thanks for the reassurance!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”