What to make of being wait listed Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
irenic

New

What to make of being wait listed

Post by irenic » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:30 pm

So far I have been wait listed by two schools. The frustrating thing about it is that one of the schools is ranked in the 30's overall and the other school is in TTT. Basically I'm not too sure where to go from here. Is there any sound advice from those who have been in similar situations? Is there any information on odds of ultimately getting accepted via the wait list from the various schools and what time period this occurs? Thank you for any input you may have!

bk1

Diamond

Re: What to make of being wait listed

Post by bk1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:33 pm

The TTT waitlisted you because they don't think you would attend if you were admitted. This is called yield protection (or YP).

The T30 waitlisted you because your numbers are borderline.

In either case, you can send a letter of continued interest (LOCI) down the line. It should automatically get you into the TTT and may help with the T30 when they are trying to see who to pull off their waitlist later in the spring.

irenic

New

Post by irenic » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:37 pm

bk187 wrote:The TTT waitlisted you because they don't think you would attend if you were admitted. This is called yield protection (or YP).

The T30 waitlisted you because your numbers are borderline.

In either case, you can send a letter of continued interest (LOCI) down the line. It should automatically get you into the TTT and may help with the T30 when they are trying to see who to pull off their waitlist later in the spring.
When is it best to send in the LOCI? Do you send it directly to the school on your own without dealing with LSAC? Also, would an additional LOR bolster my chances? For the TTT, I only sent 1 LOR. Thank you for the help!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Send in the LOR now, it'll get added to your file and then seen when they relook at your file when reviewing the wait list.

I'd wait on the LOCI to the T30 until closer to spring when they actually get into choosing off the waitlist. Send the LOCI to the TTT now if you really want to go there, they should let you in pretty quick if they really did YP you.

irenic

New

Post by irenic » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:43 pm

bk187 wrote:Send in the LOR now, it'll get added to your file and then seen when they relook at your file when reviewing the wait list.
The LOR is already processed with LSAC, to get it sent in to the school, do I have to call LSAC to get them to send it, or is there an option online to send in additional material not originally sent with the application?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”