Formatting Question for Resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
getbuck

Formatting Question for Resume

Postby getbuck » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:08 am

I have been wondering, is it necessary to go into detail about the specific responsibilities that you held in your extracurriculars (EC) in your resume?

I have reviewed the template from TLS and it seems a bullet, title, and affiliated organization suffice.

However, other resumes I have seen go into detail about their EC responsibilities. I am a recent college graduate but I have had six meaningful and resume worth jobs. I was just going to bullet my EC under my awards which would put me at a page long resume with my employment information

What should I do with the resume?

nStiver

Re: Formatting Question for Resume

Postby nStiver » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:15 am

Ya I am in the same process as you. I am using a modified form of the TLS template, and I think it looks really elegant and simple. No bull shit just the facts. Just keep it to two or three bullets per job.

getbuck

Re: Formatting Question for Resume

Postby getbuck » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:22 am

nStiver wrote:Ya I am in the same process as you. I am using a modified form of the TLS template, and I think it looks really elegant and simple. No bull shit just the facts. Just keep it to two or three bullets per job.

I agree...however, schools like Berkeley and Yale (schools I anticipate applying too in the future) prompt the applicant to list their EC in some detail. So I assumed why not kill two birds with one stone and have a somewhat elongated resume that details the EC.

Also, I feel I am unofficially obliged to submit some information on my ECs because I am a URM applicant.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”