Junior College question - Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HopefulLawStud

New

Junior College question -

Post by HopefulLawStud » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:40 pm

So I play college baseball for a JC in SC and I was wondering how this would hurt me whenever I apply for law school. Like if I stay there for 1 year, then transfer into a University, such as a Wofford or South Carolina. Or if I could even go there for 2 years and transfer in, would this hurt me when I eventually apply for law school?

Thanks in advance.

g73331

New

Re: Junior College question -

Post by g73331 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:50 pm

No, it would not. It's all about your G.P.A. Thus, let's assume that the JC is a bit easier than USC or Wofford. So, get the best grades that you possibly can at your JC, and don't be in such a hurry to transfer in.

For law school apps, LSAC averages your GPA from all colleges attended--which of course includes your grades at your JC.

So, earn high grades at your JC, and this should set you up for a pretty good overall GPA which should ease your law school admissions process.

Lastly, I doubt if a LS would look down on the fact that you attended a JC. In fact, you can use this to your advantage in your admissions essay. For example, just say that you wanted to follow your dreams of playing sports, and the JC was your best option coming out of high school. Additionally, going to a JC before a university is unique--not everyone does that. Therefore, your application should stand out.

HopefulLawStud

New

Re: Junior College question -

Post by HopefulLawStud » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Awesome, I almost dropped baseball and transferred in this coming up semester. I had very good grades the first semester. I am thrilled to see that a JC won't hurt me. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”