Princeton Review prep books vs. Kaplan ones.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Tom Joad

Princeton Review prep books vs. Kaplan ones.

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:51 am

For about a year I have occasionally prepped with a Kaplan book and I felt like I had a pretty good grasp on the concepts on the LSAT, both logical reasoning and games. But now I bought two Princeton Review books and I feel like a total idiot. Has anybody else noticed a difference in difficulty between the different books and which seems to be more like the actual test.

ahduth

Re: Princeton Review prep books vs. Kaplan ones.

Postby ahduth » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:26 am

I only used:

http://www.amazon.com/More-Actual-Offic ... _pr_sims_t

All the fake questions in Kaplan and company scared me.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:30 am

I've used both- neither were good. The real gold is Power Score's Bibles- this is what you want.

chihuahua12

Postby chihuahua12 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 am

I took a princeton review course and scored 13 points higher on my actual test (166) than on my diagnostic. If you push yourself to really do the work and read the explanations I think you'll find them to be really helpful. I don't know much about Kaplan except that I was always told to stay away because they don't use real lsat questions. Also, a few people I know who have done Kaplan haven't ended up doing too well on the lsat. Hope any of this is helpful to you. Good luck!

Cmart050

Postby Cmart050 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:28 am

With Testmasters I went from a practice test 149 to 166.

How is this relevant? Not sure.

But I'll say this, I didn't know Kaplan had fake questions in their books. As Kenny Powers would say, fuck that noise, make sure your hands are on a book with nothing but real questions, lord knows there are enough of the.

hjag

Postby hjag » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:43 am

I took Kaplan. It sucked. I learned so much more studying on my own, and some of the tactics they taught ran directly counter to what my brother learned in his Princeton Review course. I had a much easier time on preptests after employing the Princeton Review strategies.

I would not recommend Kaplan.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”